• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments Fall/ Winter Preview

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife
that jacket is nice, poly! i just picked up a black 19c shirt from hejfina (sale) and i am fond of it. it is very strange, though. when i wear it, i feel like i should be standing on the roof of a highrise building in a decimated city in gale-force winds, scowling. maybe holding a trident or a glowing ball of energy. in the post-apocalyptic past. underlit by gas lamps.
So that's where that went. I was keeping track of that in hopes that it would hit the clearance section somtime. I've got the same one in white and it's one of my favorite shirts. If ours is made of the same material, it's thicker than the Newton shirts and, thus, more fit for the cold weather of autumn and winter.

Reaction score
yeah, i'd been watching it, too. had to buy when it went on sale.
it IS weird, no?
i've never had a button front like it.

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife
yeah, i'd been watching it, too. had to buy when it went on sale.
it IS weird, no?
i've never had a button front like it.

Yeah. For me the button stops a little above the belt. The remaining material below are like long flaps. It is pretty unique. Haversack in Japan makes shirts similar to these, but with a flap at the collar and an extra button below bottom on this shirt.

lsquare

Reaction score
Originally Posted by poly800rock

which jacket is this one called? is there a top button to this one as well? i tried on the bedford at odin last week, sz small was awesome, but does the sizing vary b/w the coats? assuming it would be a bit bigger for this one because it is missing the lining...thanks in advance

Hey Digital_Denim,

Is that the same jacket that you have?

lsquare

Reaction score
Originally Posted by montecristo#4
Love this jacket. Actually, the whole look is great. Nice shirt. Pants are also cool.

I'm just wondering if anyone here know where to get this jacket in either Boston or New York City? Also how much is this jacket retailing for? It doesn't look to be very thick so I'm guessing I would need to wear some layers of clothes in order to stay warm?

Reaction score
retails for $375-ish.

if you scroll up the page, you will see poly800rock tried it on at odin NYC.

i think of the bedford as part of a layering system, so yes, you will probably have to wear stuff under/over it to stay warm in very cold temps. it IS lined with thinsulate, FYI.

digital_denim

Big Lose
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider
Hey Digital_Denim,

Is that the same jacket that you have?

I don't think so. It looks a little long and boxier. While my bedford is lined also. That seems more like an overcoat than a jacket.

Dill

Reaction score
I still haven't been able to find a bedford
frown.gif
All Barneys are sold out of them.

Ott

Reaction score
Originally Posted by poly800rock

which jacket is this one called? is there a top button to this one as well? i tried on the bedford at odin last week, sz small was awesome, but does the sizing vary b/w the coats? assuming it would be a bit bigger for this one because it is missing the lining...thanks in advance

I have this coat in a size S. I thought it was just the bedford from a previous season, but I guess not.

I had it tailored to fit my skinny ass 36 chest, but I think I might have to sell it soon- gaining 15lbs in 2 months is kind of a *****
frown.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads