• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dark green/racing green Lizzard shoes?

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Film Noir Buff
The best, and maybe only time, green shoes should be worn is when you want an over allotment option exercised for your company in a public offering.
Been talking to our mutual? I dunno, I hear the British upper crust lads are going gaga for the green shoes now...
devil.gif

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ED,you little un-pc agent provocateur!!!!
crackup[1].gif

Are baby seal furs can be done in green?

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
Been talking to our mutual? I dunno, I hear the British upper crust lads are going gaga for the green shoes now...
devil.gif

So you have been reading my essays!

Actually my authority for blue shoes and the British elite, not necessarily upper class, came from a English guy who runs a shoe company.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Navy is more French than English....I have been wearing navy shoes for more than 20 years because i refuse to wear black shoes with navy suits...

The English are very into black/brown shoes...the patinas available in England are not as large and creative than in France/Italy....

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Film Noir Buff
So you have been reading my essays!
No, I seem to remember your espousing that view before the little unpleasantness over on another forum...

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lasbar I found the perfect shoes for you !

Romano%20Green%20Hornback%20crocodile%20eyes1.jpg

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
No, I seem to remember your espousing that view before the little unpleasantness over on another forum...

Yes, and I got the information from an English shoe exec. I think youd be surprised if I told you who it was. I cant remember how I phrased it, I mightve been testing the water to see what people thought of that or if anyone else had heard of it when I first got involved with the style community. I did that with Corvato too.

I wouldnt wear blue or navy shoes to work but as a hip choice, a Breton blue suede or a very dark navy calf could be nice. I like those navy calf and white suede specs I got from E. Green, you cant tell they are navy until its too late.

9th photo from the top:
http://www.filmnoirbuff.com/article/...d-to-the-dandy

Although the little unpleasantness is over, the major unpleasantness continues at another forum...

scarphe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if you do not like stingray, I actually love it have 3 pairs made from it, try ostrich leg iit is siimilar to lizard.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What a fun topic.

I suggest sea turtle hide dyed dark brown in a Navvy shoe style.

Also, a calf-lizard combination. As well, you should get a pair of opera pumps with an unpinched green shagreen bow.

As well, I think a pair of wholecuts in a navy-blue calf with (real) blonde tortoise shell accents in the shoe-lace holes would look nice.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
What a fun topic.

I suggest sea turtle hide dyed dark brown in a Navvy shoe style.

Also, a calf-lizard combination. As well, you should get a pair of opera pumps with an unpinched green shagreen bow.

As well, I think a pair of wholecuts in a navy-blue calf with (real) blonde tortoise shell accents in the shoe-lace holes would look nice.

sea turtle is really nice i have some small leather goods being made inf act in racing green with a yellow lining it look very much like croc but is is so hard to get now the stuff i am using is about 45 years old!

RIDER

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Buffalo is interesting...More ideas?
Since you seem to have a contact with Weston, ask them about the Dark Green Shell Cordovan they have coming in a couple of months....I understand they have about 10 shells on order. Dark Green with a bronze cast was the request.....

I want to see 'gator nubuck.
It is decent.....the Hermes guy has been pushing me to sell this here, but the alligator business is pretty tough at todays prices. Leave it to TCIM to take the crappy American Gator that is on the market now, sand off the top coat and sell it at a premium! Smart guys.....

RJMan - was the Lobb sample in a light blue denim? That was a pretty cool skin....tough enough to sell alligator dress shoes now, let alone alligator sport shoes.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm going to ask them today actually...Thanks for the idea because i do not have a pair of cordovan in my collection...

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RIDER
RJMan - was the Lobb sample in a light blue denim? That was a pretty cool skin....tough enough to sell alligator dress shoes now, let alone alligator sport shoes.
No, a light brown. Gorgeous.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This shark nubucke ...What kind of shoes you can get with this gorgous skin?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads