• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Potato Chips

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Are we going to see another person with no posts pop up repping the Korean version of Bugles?
Ahnyounghasayohhhhh!!! Lotte brand SWEET AND SPICY corn snacks!! !^_^

Make the party in your mouth!

brokencycle

Reaction score
I may lose street cred, but lard cooked chips are amazing:
1600123715705.png

And their malt vinegar chips have a good level of sour without being overpowering:
1600123765552.png

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They had these at my Costco for awhile, and I loved them.
Legit heat that sneaks up on you...
1600123980967.png

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How were they?

Also, what is it with people with no posts coming here to rep a major brand?
Forgot to bring them on my trip, so I didn't get around to trying them until recently.

All three were just OK.

Not bad or anything, but I didn't find the flavors to be particularly strong, distinct, or readily identifiable--which are all things I usually notice about Deep River chips.

Maybe that's why I had never seen any of them before and they were on the random-food shelf at a TJ-Maxx

edit:
I checked their website and they list flavors as "TJ Maxx Exclusive". And on closer look, all of the bags say "Select Edition" which is not something the normal flavors say.
1602515671354.png

Sad to see them going the "diffusion brand" route.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Forgot to bring them on my trip, so I didn't get around to trying them until recently.

All three were just OK.

Not bad or anything, but I didn't find the flavors to be particularly strong, distinct, or readily identifiable--which are all things I usually notice about Deep River chips.

Maybe that's why I had never seen any of them before and they were on the random-food shelf at a TJ-Maxx
SPEAKING OF TJ MAXX....

Do you remember I think it was 09/10 there was a big SF to do because there were Talbott skull cufflinks at TJ Maxx with solid backs? They were like $40 and kopping a set got you major forvm points?

brokencycle

Reaction score
SPEAKING OF TJ MAXX....

Do you remember I think it was 09/10 there was a big SF to do because there were Talbott skull cufflinks at TJ Maxx with solid backs? They were like $40 and kopping a set got you major forvm points?

I recently found a pair that I didn't sell. Maybe I'll list them.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yo. Good fuckin ****.

Just brushed my teeth and a few minutes post-mastication these still have a good little heat kickin' around. Flavor was really good.

I'm legit blown away by these chips.

Side note to their spice: it's just enough so you don't over indulge in potato chips but are not unsatisfied with how much you ate

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In Saveur they mentioned this brand Drunken Alpaca. I forget exactly what but they use beer byproducts from a local-to-them brewery to make brewing zero waste.

I don't really taste any beeriness but they make excellent chips. The herbed one has herbes de provence but no lavender came through, more earthy herbs. The cider-washed chips are also really good. Good structure to the potatoes and super satisfying crunch.

They are, however, very expensive.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads