• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Berluti-Very appealing to me :)

allegro

Reaction score
I have seen a few threads where people just hate the design, but I really find some of their products quite appealing. The product shown here can be used as a backpack and as a tote bag and there are nice design features like a separate compartment for a laptop and generous space to hold various items. I also really love the colour of this bag so I ended up buying this for myself :)

Sure, Berluti products are not cheap, but having owned shoes and belt from Berluti, these really hold up very well with prolonged use for me.

At one point, Berluti had these canvas logo type of bags and I hated these, the shopkeeper told me these were not popular so they are going to phase these out and these are currently on sale.

The Berluti store that I was at was never full, and I am often the only customer so I guess my taste is probably not conforming to the general public :)

Attachments

• Berluti_bag.png
    Berluti_bag.png
    1 MB · Views: 151

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have seen a few threads where people just hate the design, but I really find some of their products quite appealing. The product shown here can be used as a backpack and as a tote bag and there are nice design features like a separate compartment for a laptop and generous space to hold various items. I also really love the colour of this bag so I ended up buying this for myself :)

Sure, Berluti products are not cheap, but having owned shoes and belt from Berluti, these really hold up very well with prolonged use for me.

At one point, Berluti had these canvas logo type of bags and I hated these, the shopkeeper told me these were not popular so they are going to phase these out and these are currently on sale.

The Berluti store that I was at was never full, and I am often the only customer so I guess my taste is probably not conforming to the general public :)
Not to this member of the general public.

allegro

Reaction score
Not to this member of the general public.

Ha, I think not many people seem to love Berluti, compared to the popularity of Louis Vuitton, Gucci and others. I like how Berluti is quite unique/distinctive in terms of its offerings, and the colours are amazingly beautiful.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's not that Berluti is poorly made, it's that everything (or most everything) they make is in poor taste.

Happy you enjoy it. I think this is one of their better offerings. That being said, it comes off a bit...pocket book-esque.

You said it can be used as a backpack? I don't see any straps on it.

allegro

Reaction score
It's not that Berluti is poorly made, it's that everything (or most everything) they make is in poor taste.

Happy you enjoy it. I think this is one of their better offerings. That being said, it comes off a bit...pocket book-esque.

You said it can be used as a backpack? I don't see any straps on it.

Yes, this can be used as a backpack because there are removable straps behind it. (Premier Jour Scritto Leather Backpack | Berluti AU) I think the ones with different colours are only available in boutique stores, but Berluti does offer one free colour change.

I actually wanted a rectangle backpack because it is easier to keep the documents etc...

Berluti earlier had the logo-canvas type of bags which I also disliked, and the shop assistant actually told me customers did not like them so they are all on sale and none of them are on display in the store now.

But I wouldn't agree most everything they make is in poor taste, there are definitely some I disliked, but the classic lines I have always enjoyed. The classic Louis Vuitton monogram however, I have always disliked, never really worked for me. I do however like the Faure Le Page canvas pattern, done much more tastefully, in my humble opinion.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMHO...
The Andys are the best thing they've made...
They’re excellent. Berluti bespoke tailoring is also supposed to be great and I’ve seen some really nice looking make ups from them since LVMH rolled Arnys under the Berluti umbrella.

Last edited:

allegro

Reaction score
They’re excellent. Berluti bespoke tailoring is also supposed to be great and I’ve seen some really nice looking make ups from them since LVMH rolled Arnys under the Berluti umbrella.

Oh yes, I like these too :D

Andy Demesure Leather Loafer | Berluti AU

I only have two pairs of more expensive shoes (Berluti, Attila Kovacs) and the total number of shoes I own are just four pairs so I am not really a shoe person, but do appreciate good quality products.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMHO...
The Andys are the best thing they've made...

A 2300 dollar Blake stitched, square toed, over patinated loafer?

You could go full bespoke for some makers for several hundred less, have it completely handmade and suited to your foot, and if you wanted it to look ugly, you could ask them to copy berluti.

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh yes, I like these too :D

Andy Demesure Leather Loafer | Berluti AU

I only have two pairs of more expensive shoes (Berluti, Attila Kovacs) and the total number of shoes I own are just four pairs so I am not really a shoe person, but do appreciate good quality products.

if you love the look, by all means go for it but quality wise those things aren’t better (and probably worse) than shoes costing $500….

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You could go full bespoke for some makers for several hundred less, have it completely handmade and suited to your foot, and if you wanted it to look ugly, you could ask them to copy berluti.
But then it would just be a copy......you plebe.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Where’s my eye roll reaction.

allegro

Reaction score
if you love the look, by all means go for it but quality wise those things aren’t better (and probably worse) than shoes costing $500….
I am not a shoe person at all, as stated above :) However, having owned the Berluti shoes for more than a year, it still looks good and almost new whereas my $400 leather shoes did not fare so well.

There seems to be a misconception that Blake construction means bad quality, but this is not always the case (Goodyear Welting or Blake Stitching - Which is Better? – Beckett Simonon) and there are Goodyear welt shoes from Berluti these days.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am not a shoe person at all, as stated above :) However, having owned the Berluti shoes for more than a year, it still looks good and almost new whereas my $400 leather shoes did not fare so well.

There seems to be a misconception that Blake construction means bad quality, but this is not always the case (Goodyear Welting or Blake Stitching - Which is Better? – Beckett Simonon) and there are Goodyear welt shoes from Berluti these days.

My point is you're not getting fully handmade for a price higher than bespoke. Also, Blake stitching generally is on lower end shoe wear, even though it's not a terrible method.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ellejohn2k19