• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alden MTO Forum Group Buy

Falu_al

Reaction score
Hey fellas,

Any one up for a GMTO of Whiskey LWBs?

... just kidding...

For those of you who seek Horween Cordovan shoes, head over to the C&J thread. As stated above, we currently have a run of boots, PTB, and LWBs up and running.

Bigg T

Reaction score
Interest in this GMTO has been very good!!!

BROWN SHELL HIGGINS MILL EDITION
Pattern:
Higgins Mill
Last: 1757
Leather: Brown Shell Cordovan
Lining: Independence
Welt: Brown Reverse welt w/ matching stitching
Edge: Transparent Brown
Soles: JR double sole with lug heel
Eyelets: Antique with speed hooks

Price: @$720

Indicate your commitment on the spreadsheet linked below:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...TTwDmiYXqH5gqF9bL3vknsDzUA/edit#gid=608520583

Bigg T

Reaction score
We have a green light and price confirmation from AE on the specs below:

BROWN SHELL HIGGINS MILL EDITION
Pattern:
Higgins Mill
Last: 1757
Leather: Brown Shell Cordovan
Lining: Independence
Welt: Brown Reverse welt w/ matching stitching
Edge: Transparent Brown
Soles: JR double sole/w lug heel
Eyelets: Antique with speed hooks

Price: $725 confirmed

We only need a few more commitments to get this one rolling.
Indicate your commitment on the spreadsheet linked below:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...TTwDmiYXqH5gqF9bL3vknsDzUA/edit#gid=608520583

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
GMTO:

· Snuff suede wingtip boot
· Grant last
· Brass eyelets and speed hooks
· 360 flat welt
· Antique edge
· Sole TBD (will be either commando or double waterlock, if you’re interested in the makeup be sure to include your sole preference in your message and whether or not you’re exclusively interested in that sole choice or would be amenable to either option)
· Price: $601 ($275 deposit with balance paid when they’re ready to be shipped)
· Image: Very similar to the old Epaulet makeup (http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/2051753/) except with the Grant last and possibly a different sole

Background: A very well regarded Alden retailer is willing to take on this makeup for us (wanted to avoid naming them in the post so they don’t get spammed with requests but feel free to message me with any concerns) and we’d only need 2 to 3 more interested buyers to make this happen. To my knowledge at least, no retailer currently carries a Grant suede WTB and with Epaulet no longer carrying Aldens I don’t believe there are any other suede and brass WTBs. For widths, we have D and EE covered so I believe we have room for one more width option. If you’re interested, just send me your name, sole preference, size and email address in a PM.

Reaction score
GMTO:

· Snuff suede wingtip boot
· Grant last
· Brass eyelets and speed hooks
· 360 flat welt
· Antique edge
· Sole TBD (will be either commando or double waterlock, if you’re interested in the makeup be sure to include your sole preference in your message and whether or not you’re exclusively interested in that sole choice or would be amenable to either option)
· Price: $601 ($275 deposit with balance paid when they’re ready to be shipped)
· Image: Very similar to the old Epaulet makeup (http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/2051753/) except with the Grant last and possibly a different sole

Background: A very well regarded Alden retailer is willing to take on this makeup for us (wanted to avoid naming them in the post so they don’t get spammed with requests but feel free to message me with any concerns) and we’d only need 2 to 3 more interested buyers to make this happen. To my knowledge at least, no retailer currently carries a Grant suede WTB and with Epaulet no longer carrying Aldens I don’t believe there are any other suede and brass WTBs. For widths, we have D and EE covered so I believe we have room for one more width option. If you’re interested, just send me your name, sole preference, size and email address in a PM.

Any chance in adding a few boots with those exact specs but on the Barrie last? I’ve been looking for snuff + brass for awhile, but they’re relatively uncommon. Unsure if Alden will do the same makeup on two lasts...

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any chance in adding a few boots with those exact specs but on the Barrie last? I’ve been looking for snuff + brass for awhile, but they’re relatively uncommon. Unsure if Alden will do the same makeup on two lasts...

Unfortunately I don't believe Alden will allow for two last options. The retailer would need to do a completely separate order. Sorry man!

Kenmoor

Reaction score
I'm looking for 11 people to have this Alden Aberdeen cap-toe in tobacco chamois with lug sole re-made, drop me a PM if you are interested.

E2pJsr9.png

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No ones doing balmorals anymore. I’d be up for any black shell bal on plaza last. Plain toe, cap toe, perf cap, 1/4 brogue, single monk... hell yeah, single monk with silver tone buckle! Honestly, I’d take any or all of those.

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Talk to Yenni. I bet she can arrange a Bal in black shell.

Yeah, they seem the most amenable to doing bals from anyone I’ve seen. It used to be Leather Soul but it’s been a while. It’s great we have so many blucher and derby makeups, so I don’t want to discourage those. But yeah I’ll mention it to her. I have a scotch LWB makeup due in a few weeks anyway.

xxxRacer

Reaction score
Not sure if this is still an active page but what I would gladly pay for is doing a pebbled shell cordovan wingtip in black, brown, and #8 WITH MATCHING BELTS, and I'd be willing to settle for the belt in leather but would prefer shell. Maybe do one every four months? I think the price would be 800 to 1000 a shoe and the belt I'd be willing to go from 15 to 190 for leather and 250 to 350 for matching shell. Storm welted, double JR sole, black edging for black, brown for brown, and either black or chestnut for #8.

abkain

Reaction score
Anyone up for doing a GMTO for this same loafer makeup (Color 8 on Plaza last). I missed on my size in the Leffot special order so looking to get a GMTO going.

Attachments

• 65A6C4B7-4BDB-4FE1-BF69-7D9BD508BE71.jpeg
    65A6C4B7-4BDB-4FE1-BF69-7D9BD508BE71.jpeg
    292.9 KB · Views: 563

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads