• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, youโ€™ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AE Higgins Mill in Brown Shell

dfiled

Reaction score
Not calling into question your basis for saying this, but what is your source? I assume you were told this directly from someone at AE?

In case anyoneโ€™s wondering, I wrote AE to ask if there were any plans to release a shell HM in the near to medium term and was told there are not.

Sad....

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not calling into question your basis for saying this, but what is your source? I assume you were told this directly from someone at AE?

In case anyoneโ€™s wondering, I wrote AE to ask if there were any plans to release a shell HM in the near to medium term and was told there are not.

Sad....
My source is the SA that was responsible for putting this GMTO my 511 lasted brown shell macneil with exposed eyelets GMTO through. The same person also put in several single MTOs for me. If you look through the AE thread you will see many others have been told the same. If I recall correctly 1 poster mentioned a brown shell HM was prototyped for the fall but ultimately scrapped for the season. I cannot say I've confirmed this on my own though. In any event, everyone at least on the AE thread here has their fingers crossed that MTOs will return. I certainly have a few makeups I'd like to have done.

goalaso

Reaction score
Somehow I missed out on the February trunk show, where one would've been able to make Higgins Mills MTO in shell. Does anyone know how to be alerted of future trunk shows? Or how often AE has them and if it usually occurs the same time each year?

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Somehow I missed out on the February trunk show, where one would've been able to make Higgins Mills MTO in shell. Does anyone know how to be alerted of future trunk shows? Or how often AE has them and if it usually occurs the same time each year?

This last trunk show was a bit of a surprise, and wasn't meaningfully advertised beyond the AE Appreciation thread here. The success of that sale makes another one or more likely, we just do not know when yet.

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This last trunk show was a bit of a surprise, and wasn't meaningfully advertised beyond the AE Appreciation thread here. The success of that sale makes another one or more likely, we just do not know when yet.

the upshot being that all the bourbon shell was gone before many of us even knew about the Trunk show

:mad::censored::brick:

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Refer to the sticky at the top of this thread:

There will be a new trunk show next month with brown shell Higgins Mills as well as other options.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads