• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

11-11 (Eleven Eleven) appreciation thread

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve been a fan of 11-11 for a few years now, but not seen their clothes discussed here (or anywhere) much.

Following their mention in DWW’s recent ‘Excited to wear’ (https://dieworkwear.com/2024/03/29/excited-to-wear-this-spring-5/) I thought I’d start a thread to show some of the pieces I enjoy.

For those new to the brand, they’re based in India and focussed on creating clothing with a ‘seed to stitch’ mentality using indigenous materials (such as kala cotton), handwoven fabrics and local plant-based dyes.

Starting with something really simple - their knit t-shirts. Quite heavy weight by virtue of the knit, fully fashioned and with incredible slub:

IMG_4735.jpeg

That slub:

IMG_4736.jpeg

The construction quality is always impeccable - here’s the interior seams:

IMG_4737.jpeg

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And then something very different - a natural indigo dyed shirt. Showing this both as something more on the formal end of 11-11’s offerings, but also because it showcases some of the stunning handwork:

IMG_4738.jpeg

Handsewn buttonholes and pick stitching. I’ve had bespoke shirts with less refined handwork than this:

IMG_4739.jpeg

Shoulder seam:
IMG_4740.jpeg

Hem:

IMG_4741.jpeg

Interior construction around the sleeve head:

IMG_4742.jpeg

And the interior of the placket:

IMG_4743.jpeg

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for starting the thread! I've been a fan of 11-11 for a while now, but because I am typically a US XL I do have a hard time with a lot of their stuff running on the smaller side. I do have a few pieces though and enjoy their natural dye work.

rdugz

Reaction score
Would love to try some of their stuff, especially in light of the ongoing sale ....
Wish they listed the inseam though - would be nice to know what to expect on that front...

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would love to try some of their stuff, especially in light of the ongoing sale ....
Wish they listed the inseam though - would be nice to know what to expect on that front...
Their lack of item details (measurements are lacking) has stopped me from ordering from the sale in the past too. The good news is, going forward they are trying to include more comprehensive measurements.

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you mail customer services, they are usually great at sharing measurements. In my experience there are two silhouettes - the regular, and the roomy. Just need to eyeball the item to see which looks more likely…

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some more pieces:

Knit tees, this time in natural and indigo dye:

IMG_4745.jpeg

One of their sweatshirts - third party blank, but natural indigo dyed and with badhani (hand tied thread dye resist) ‘clouds’:

IMG_4746.jpeg

IMG_4747.jpeg

IMG_4748.jpeg

More badhani, this time on a very lightweight band collar popover:

IMG_4749.jpeg

Something I didn’t mention last time is these great hand-crochet buttons:

IMG_4750.jpeg

Something I find myself reaching for a lot - the ‘breeze’ overshirt, in this case a handwoven space-dyed natural and indigo cotton:

IMG_4751.jpeg

IMG_4752.jpeg

And again the impeccably finished interior:

IMG_4753.jpeg

And finally since the DWW post referenced them, two pairs of shorts. One in a heavyweight handloom kala cotton and the other in a space-dye indigo:

IMG_4754.jpeg

More construction quality - this time the olive coloured shorts which are wholly lined in a lighter natural cotton with fully taped seams. Seriously - I’ve not seen a make like this outside couture:

IMG_4756.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4755.jpeg
    IMG_4755.jpeg
    517.9 KB · Views: 41

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aside from the cropped trousers, inseams seem to hover around the 30-31 inch range, although with a higher rise so you can get more out of them.

For the items which are essentially made to order, they offer custom inseam - either on the item page or if you mail customer services.

I have a beautiful pair of heavyweight denim pants which are too short on the inseam, which I will send in to get lengthened at some point in the coming months.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some more pieces:

Knit tees, this time in natural and indigo dye:

View attachment 2159455

One of their sweatshirts - third party blank, but natural indigo dyed and with badhani (hand tied thread dye resist) ‘clouds’:

View attachment 2159457

View attachment 2159459

View attachment 2159461

More badhani, this time on a very lightweight band collar popover:

View attachment 2159463

Something I didn’t mention last time is these great hand-crochet buttons:

View attachment 2159465

Something I find myself reaching for a lot - the ‘breeze’ overshirt, in this case a handwoven space-dyed natural and indigo cotton:

View attachment 2159467

View attachment 2159469

And again the impeccably finished interior:

View attachment 2159471

And finally since the DWW post referenced them, two pairs of shorts. One in a heavyweight handloom kala cotton and the other in a space-dye indigo:

View attachment 2159473

More construction quality - this time the olive coloured shorts which are wholly lined in a lighter natural cotton with fully taped seams. Seriously - I’ve not seen a make like this outside couture:

View attachment 2159477
T-shirts are interesting, I'm into knits.
I didn't see them anywhere on their site though...

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
T-shirts are interesting, I'm into knits.
I didn't see them anywhere on their site though...
They’ve got a sale on right now which is mostly left-over stock. If you wait a week or so they’ll be back up.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aside from the cropped trousers, inseams seem to hover around the 30-31 inch range, although with a higher rise so you can get more out of them.

For the items which are essentially made to order, they offer custom inseam - either on the item page or if you mail customer services.

I have a beautiful pair of heavyweight denim pants which are too short on the inseam, which I will send in to get lengthened at some point in the coming months.
Which model is the denim pants you have? I've been eyeing a few pairs

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the NA stockists? I know Mr.P and S&S do and there are a few stores carrying women's stuff, any others?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads