• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cashmere Sweater Hierarchy

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Different strokes for different folks but I love linen knitwear for the summer precisely because of its relaxed, slightly saggy look. Works great for casual fits. Not something I’d put on over a tailored shirt or under a sportcoat. In an open weave it breathes wonderfully.

BMC

Reaction score
I have two pieces of knitwear made from Duncan Todd's Calathea yarn. A 58% cashmere 42% linen blend. Absolutely fantastic. The linen adds coolness and makes for a very nice texture. This blend feels like whisked up cashmere. If you ever stumble upon, please try it.

Quick Google search shows the following products:

epsilon22

Reaction score
Ordered the Permanent Style knit polos in navy (medium) and cream (large). Looking at the measurements I'm probably between these two, will check how they compare and exchange one for another size.

Also considering Colhay's polo, which is quite a bit more expensive as it's cashmere/silk vs high twist wool on the PS ones, but unsure how cashmere/silk would work for the summer.

Rowyourboat

Reaction score
I recently got a De Bonne Facture Pecora Nera wool sweater. It's pretty comfy and I love the color. I've always been interested in Pecora Nera wool and honestly I don't know if it makes a difference vs. dyed wool, but it's cool to know this was the natural color.

Sorry that the picture is against a gray couch but hopefully the carpet contrast gives some indication.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-04-03 at 11.17.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-04-03 at 11.17.30 PM.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 149
  • Screen Shot 2024-04-03 at 11.19.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-04-03 at 11.19.09 PM.png
    4 MB · Views: 141

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently got a De Bonne Facture Pecora Nera wool sweater. It's pretty comfy and I love the color. I've always been interested in Pecora Nera wool and honestly I don't know if it makes a difference vs. dyed wool, but it's cool to know this was the natural color.

Sorry that the picture is against a gray couch but hopefully the carpet contrast gives some indication.

Very nice. I'm also attracted by the natural shades of wool.

Last edited:

hysteria

Reaction score
Ordered the Permanent Style knit polos in navy (medium) and cream (large). Looking at the measurements I'm probably between these two, will check how they compare and exchange one for another size.

Also considering Colhay's polo, which is quite a bit more expensive as it's cashmere/silk vs high twist wool on the PS ones, but unsure how cashmere/silk would work for the summer.
Curious to hear how the sizing works out. I'm contemplating as well.

epsilon22

Reaction score
Curious to hear how the sizing works out. I'm contemplating as well.
Sizing chart seems to put their medium somewhere around Lockie's 42 (got mine via A Hume) and Colhay's 42.

I can fit into Colhay's 40 (probably close to PS' small) but it's a more fitted look, and for a summer polo I think a bit more room is welcome. I think I'd be good with medium, but since they have free returns, I'll try large as well.

fabricateurialist

Reaction score

Did you find this new/current season or from their collection a few years ago (/21 iirc) just curious bc I’ve been looking for one for a while

Rowyourboat

Reaction score

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

epsilon22

Reaction score
I received my PS polos in size M and L. L is definitely too big for me, but even M feels a bit off in fit. The hem ribbing feels quite loose (compared to some other knitwear I have), they just don't hug my trousers enough, and would slowly fall down, and the polo is a bit too long for my taste if it just hangs like that.

There's also this rather prominent roll below the collar on my back. Not liking the way it looks from the side/back, even though the collar looks really good from the front.

2024-04-08 18.29.37.jpg

Another small nitpick, the buttonholes feel a touch too snug for the buttons to pass through. Maybe they'll give a bit over time, not sure.

Overall, I like the collar shape and height (for wearing with a sport coat), the fabric is nice and crisp, very lightweight, but not too sure about the fit. I think I'll end up returning both.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seekingm0re