• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had to go to a school fair, so I decided it was a day for MacGregors:

img_3800-jpeg.2186219

(I like how when you lean forward to take a standing shoe selfie, it makes your jeans instantly look like 90’s ChessKing baggy droopydrawers hiphop jeans.)

Attachments

• IMG_3800.jpeg
    IMG_3800.jpeg
    321.1 KB · Views: 59

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There’s a very good chance I’ll pull the trigger on those. But just know you people should be ashamed of yourselves for using peer pressure to enable my questionable (but tasteful) bad behavior.

That said, they’ll need a lot of restoration work to make them wearable (without having something sad happening to them). Just from the photos, it looks like these were sitting in the back of grandpa’s closet for 60 years. They’re going to need an intensive rehydration regimen or they run the risk of getting blown out:

View attachment 2186215

We would be more ashamed if we didn't even try.

I'm on a purchasing freeze until February 2025 for all footwear and watches. I overdid it for a year.

One of the pitfalls of having joint accounts (savings, chequing, and credit card) is that absolutely nothing can be snuck past spousal customs. Even a $5 watch strap from Aliexpress is caught by the algorithm.

As a friendly reminder, apropos nothing at all, my usual dress shoe size is 8.5eee. The odd 9e may work and some 9ee.

Most boots I can do 8.5ee. Alden trubalance and Barrie last I take 8.5e, 8.5ee and 8eee.

Watches I love vintage automatics, vintage hand winds, mods, homages, and 34-41mm cases.

It's the long weekend here in the King's land. Happy Victoria Day to those in the empire that celebrate.

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We would be more ashamed if we didn't even try.

I'm on a purchasing freeze until February 2025 for all footwear and watches. I overdid it for a year.

One of the pitfalls of having joint accounts (savings, chequing, and credit card) is that absolutely nothing can be snuck past spousal customs. Even a $5 watch strap from Aliexpress is caught by the algorithm.

As a friendly reminder, apropos nothing at all, my usual dress shoe size is 8.5eee. The odd 9e may work and some 9ee.

Most boots I can do 8.5ee. Alden trubalance and Barrie last I take 8.5e, 8.5ee and 8eee.

Watches I love vintage automatics, vintage hand winds, mods, homages, and 34-41mm cases.

It's the long weekend here in the King's land. Happy Victoria Day to those in the empire that celebrate.
WHOA WHOA - HOLD UP… you are on a freeze, you can’t buy any more because you “overdid it” and you have joint accounts (as if my wife doesn’t have full access to my quicken)? But I’m supposed to go to spousal prison? Counselor, with all due respect, I feel like this is some Michael Cohen grade advice.

I need solutions counselor: how do I obtain these shoes without spousal legal ramifications?

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WHOA WHOA - HOLD UP… you are on a freeze, you can’t buy any more because you “overdid it” and you have joint accounts (as if my wife doesn’t have full access to my quicken)? But I’m supposed to go to spousal prison? Counselor, with all due respect, I feel like this is some Michael Cohen grade advice.

I need solutions counselor: how do I obtain these shoes without spousal legal ramifications?
I'm going to pretend you never compared me to Michael Cohen. I have much better fashion sense than him.

Sometimes we run the gauntlet. Better to ask for forgiveness than to seek permission. Don't try to out think the system.

Buy them. Accept the consequences like a real shoe enthusiast.

I don't know why the latter parts are bolded. Not intentional.

actionjbone

Reaction score

Just use suitforcourt's credit card. Problem solved.

sam67

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seen this piece on Neapolitan tailoring? I love it. Any experience on this thread with any of these tailors? As for me, maybe one day.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just PM me the number and expiration. And don’t forget the CCV.
Do you want my passport info as well? Birth records? Law Society number?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eloiseakagra700