• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SteveMc

Reaction score
Looking for some feedback on how the grey trousers fit. They're the hightwist mid gray in 32 contemporary. I'm 6'3, 162 with a 32 waist, but I usually wear a 31 trouser.

I'm trying to break my wardrobe out of slim fit and incorporate more interesting cuts with some room to move. My fiance thinks they are too baggy around the thigh and seat area. My instinct is to agree, but I've been so pigeonholed into slim fit everything for so long that my eye may be fooling me.

For comparison, I threw on a pair of navy twist Cavour Mod 3 trousers in size 48 (31 US) that I think fit me close to spot on. Both pairs are still unhemmed but I tried to fold them to simulate the drape when hemmed. I wish S&M still stocked a size 31 OTR to compare. Sorry about the dirty mirror. I don't have a camera setup, but hopefully the images are clear enough to make out the fit of the trousers.

I'm with your fiancé on this. IMO trousers do baggy a bit around that area.
Thigh and waist are indeed an easy fix. The hip area is a bit more complex because of the pockets. I've done this alteration once an it rendered the front pockets unusable. It's ok looks wise, but kind of disappointing.

I'm also similar to your size (slightly less tall at 6') and I take 30 contemporary and let out the waist a bit. I've also tried 32 slim and I find them just as baggy around the hip area as the 32 contemporary only with a bigger taper. I stick with 30 contemporary.

JHud

Reaction score
So I’m a longtime customer of S&M with 6 OTR suits from them. Today I received a suit from their most recent collection, and the pants are WAY wider than usual. My wife walked in the room and burst out laughing, which is never a good sign lol. Not sure what’s going on here, but I may be off the train this year.

sydneycider

Reaction score
So I’m a longtime customer of S&M with 6 OTR suits from them. Today I received a suit from their most recent collection, and the pants are WAY wider than usual. My wife walked in the room and burst out laughing, which is never a good sign lol. Not sure what’s going on here, but I may be off the train this year.
We've all been asking for wider trousers, this may be a problem specific to you.

SteveMc

Reaction score
Are the pant high-rise? we know high-rise trousers fit has been updated to allow more room around the top block. if the trousers are not high-rise that is very interesting to hear as I'm not a ware of a similar update to their regular fit.

JHud

Reaction score
Are the pant high-rise? we know high-rise trousers fit has been updated to allow more room around the top block. if the trousers are not high-rise that is very interesting to hear as I'm not a ware of a similar update to their regular fit.
They are indeed high rise.

gonnagetmine

Reaction score
Here's a pic of the cotton high rise. Roominess up top is an improvement but I don't like how they flare out the sides at the hem. Certainly doesn't look too tapered at the bottom as others feel. The loose fabric flaring out laterally at the ankle is something I see in their product photos, too, not just on me.

Contrast with a pair of other trousers that have similar dimensions, including leg opening, but the pattern just seems to lend to a cleaner gradual taper.

Attachments

• markup_1000006400.jpg
    markup_1000006400.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 60
  • markup_1000006358.jpg
    markup_1000006358.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 66

CLH03

Reaction score
Here's a pic of the cotton high rise. Roominess up top is an improvement but I don't like how they flare out the sides at the hem. Certainly doesn't look too tapered at the bottom as others feel. The loose fabric flaring out laterally at the ankle is something I see in their product photos, too, not just on me.

Contrast with a pair of other trousers that have similar dimensions, including leg opening, but the pattern just seems to lend to a cleaner gradual taper.
Looks like they could use a little length, which could be why it’s kicking out at the bottom.

It could also be that the crease is just a little out of line.

Last edited:

classicoutfits

Reaction score

I agree. my new pair of high rise high twist also had a little flare out, which is not something I experienced before, but also the crease was coming down and out, maybe the change the cut? or i received one with a QC problem.

classicoutfits

Reaction score
They are doing an amazing job imo with these instagram photos, I hope they incorporate something similar to their entire line up on the actual website. I would think it should not be costly for them.

Reaction score

Were both slim and contemporary fits updated or only contemporary?

xlagane

Reaction score
Just picked up one of the Red Label suits. Overall liking it, but noticed some bumpiness around the lapel folds. Any ideas on how to get rid of them or is this a fit issue?

Attachments

• PXL_20240519_201040939.jpg
    PXL_20240519_201040939.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 34

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics