• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zilli Question...Musings...

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was unaware of Zilli other than some coats I had seen at a Morris. When I saw them there, they seemed quite well made on the outside yet had some rather "artistic' work on the inside for lack of a better word.

Less than 2 weeks ago, I was speaking with a rather well respected tailor who spoke very highly of Zilli and I've noticed in another thread some wide ranging views.

Is Zilli being misrepresented by a few garish pieces? Or would you consider them eternally garish?

Do they have a website (I was unable to google it)

Apparently they have boutiques in Dubai and Russia...
crazy.gif

http://www.robbreport.com/Articles/S...-Skin-Deep.asp

http://www.ameinfo.com/46944.html

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Soph
they seemed quite well made on the outside yet had some rather "artistic' work on the inside for lack of a better word.

On occasion, Seraphin does this as well.

Shoes536.jpg

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Any clothing that is sold at Bijan, Battaglia and Bernini has to be tacky. These are three of the gaudiest stores in the world. Think shirts with strips of silk on the collar to match the ties.

Zilli has always reminded me of the Stefano Ricci of leather. Just simply awful. Almost frightening. To me, these two and Bijan are the ultimate examples of bad taste.

The quality is unimpeachable, and RJMan says that there is tasteful stuff at the Paris store.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've only ever seen one shirt, but it was in very poor taste. Apparently from that Robb Report article, the triple-stitched collar is their calling card, but I think it's tacky, especially on a dress shirt. I also didn't like the fabric of the shirt. It was grey with black checks and contrasting collars and cuffs, however the collars and cuffs weren't even a smooth broadcloth, but something you might find on a sports shirt that clashed in texture with the fabric from the body of the shirt. I sure as hell wouldn't pay 850 euros for something that ugly.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Unlike Versace, the aforementioned brands take it all in seriousness, the wearers thinking they are the last word in taste.

Barcelino is another tacky store.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing

Barcelino is another tacky store.

Napoleon and De Lisi in NYC are also stores of this ilk catering to the "Teflon Don" among their clients.

demo5

Reaction score
I had one Zilli dress shirt that was white with black stripes. It was very traditional, not tacky or showy at all. The cotton was extremely fine, and it was one of my favorite shirts (I have no idea where it went). As for the rest of the stuff there, a lot of it is very showy and over the top.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads