• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zegna Labels ID's for eBay purchasers (Graphic Intensive)

FsXClan1

Reaction score
Unless it has tonnes of handwork, probably not couture quality.

I directly contacted Zegna and they confirmed that it is indeed Couture quality.
I also felt like it is from the Couture line because the jacket feels like top notch quality, especially compared with some Zegna mainline jackets I own.
Thanks for your reply though.

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I directly contacted Zegna and they confirmed that it is indeed Couture quality.
I also felt like it is from the Couture line because the jacket feels like top notch quality, especially compared with some Zegna mainline jackets I own.
Thanks for your reply though.

No problem. Easiest way to tell is if the stitching looks slightly irregular.

For example, check under the flap pocket of a mainline Zegna suit. You'll notice the stitching is uniform/clean (that's because it was done by machine).

When you compare it to a flap pocket from a Zegna Couture suit, the stitching will be slightly irregular (not sloppy).

For the FOG collab, I'm still hesitant to believe it's couture quality, for the following reasons:

1. It's a streetwear collab, which tends to place less emphasis on handmade (based on my, albeit limited, experience).
2. The MSRP for a collab like this is kind of low if it was indeed handmade.

Either way, enjoy the purchase!

FsXClan1

Reaction score
No problem. Easiest way to tell is if the stitching looks slightly irregular.

For example, check under the flap pocket of a mainline Zegna suit. You'll notice the stitching is uniform/clean (that's because it was done by machine).

When you compare it to a flap pocket from a Zegna Couture suit, the stitching will be slightly irregular (not sloppy).

For the FOG collab, I'm still hesitant to believe it's couture quality, for the following reasons:

1. It's a streetwear collab, which tends to place less emphasis on handmade (based on my, albeit limited, experience).
2. The MSRP for a collab like this is kind of low if it was indeed handmade.

Either way, enjoy the purchase!

I checked their website and the items which are still available (most of them obviously are sold out) are all listed under Zegna Couture, for example:

https://www.zegna.com/us-en/shoes/product.fearofgodzegna-suede-loafers.10487837/

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter because I feel like the quality of my jacket is a step above my jackets from their mainline.

Thanks!

Spruce Moose

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And lastly, sorry to spam you guys, seems like they've renamed their Couture XXX line with "Ermenegildo Zegna Premium". Pretty exciting year as far as Zegna products go! One observation I did (while browsing both US and IT sites) was that Zegna suits are much cheaper in Italy, than in the US. Around $1000 cheaper.

https://www.zegna.us/us-en/ready-to-wear/product.navy-blue-trofeo-suit.9941412.html#

Sorry to necro bump but does anyone know the difference between Zegna couture and Zegna premium. They still make Zegna couture label so premium hasn’t replaced it. I see custom made premium pieces too so it’s not just the off the rack version of the couture line. I can’t find any info online about it

dreamspace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry to necro bump but does anyone know the difference between Zegna couture and Zegna premium. They still make Zegna couture label so premium hasn’t replaced it. I see custom made premium pieces too so it’s not just the off the rack version of the couture line. I can’t find any info online about it

"The boldest expression of the Ermenegildo Zegna Group, the XXX Collection reimagines streetwear with couture-level tailoring and #UseTheExisting fabrics."

Seems like the couture line forked into two different lines:

- Premium, which continued their top-level menswear clothing
- XXX Couture, which focuses on high-fashion and streetwear clothing

I haven't really seen any XXX Couture pieces from the last couple of years that identifies with classic menswear - there are always some quirky details on them (hidden cuff buttons, weird lapels, unique fabrics, etc.) - while all the Premium suits / jackets look like their previous Napoli Couture / Couture lines.

To put it this way - this label is the last iteration of Couture which went on to become Premium:

luxury-men-ermenegildo-zegna-used-clothes-p138243-010.jpg

While this is the current XXX Couture line with all the fashion-forward items

m_5efabc95633cfcf21fed4438.jpeg

Spruce Moose

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

"The boldest expression of the Ermenegildo Zegna Group, the XXX Collection reimagines streetwear with couture-level tailoring and #UseTheExisting fabrics."

I haven't really seen any XXX Couture pieces from the last couple of years that identifies with classic menswear - there are always some quirky details on them (hidden cuff buttons, weird lapels, unique fabrics, etc.) - while all the Premium suits / jackets look like their previous Napoli Couture / Couture lines.

To put it this way - this label is the last iteration of Couture which went on to become Premium:

I found this blazer made in 2019 with the newer black factory label and it’s very traditional

Attachments

• 5C4BFE70-BF17-4055-9994-EAF5264D2A27.jpeg
    5C4BFE70-BF17-4055-9994-EAF5264D2A27.jpeg
    363.4 KB · Views: 115
  • E02DDBF0-1193-4568-BCB0-D35EB334E275.jpeg
    E02DDBF0-1193-4568-BCB0-D35EB334E275.jpeg
    244.5 KB · Views: 215

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I don’t think this is the case. It looks like Couture still denotes the classic line of menswear.

Could it be that Zegna Premium was a failed rebranding? Haven’t seen it in a while.

dreamspace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found this blazer made in 2019 with the newer black factory label and it’s very traditional

That's a MTM jacket

I don’t think this is the case. It looks like Couture still denotes the classic line of menswear.

Could it be that Zegna Premium was a failed rebranding? Haven’t seen it in a while.

Check out the hidden buttons on the sleeves

Spruce Moose

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a MTM jacket

Check out the hidden buttons on the sleeves
But they have premium m2m in blazers too. Maybe I’ll email Zegna. Their customer service has been good to me, just really slow

Attachments

• 6D6D6405-670F-4981-B40B-2BCA0008C06D.jpeg
    6D6D6405-670F-4981-B40B-2BCA0008C06D.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 218

rachedc55

Reaction score
Hi all! I thrifted a Z Zegna blazer today (7,75$ CAD!!!!) for my partner and deep dove into this thread. Thank you all for the wonderful insight. I was wondering if I could be assisted in finding a photo/listing/etc. of the jacket I bought to get the original price and maybe some photos at time of sale. Thank you!
241543876_916227508968889_755131936239677039_n.jpg

pfv77

Reaction score
Hi!
Can you tell me how old this jacket? Or decipher some imformation from the label?
Is it made in Switzerland?

Attachments

• zegna-100%-cashmere-1-9.jpg
    zegna-100%-cashmere-1-9.jpg
    349.4 KB · Views: 80
  • zegna-100%-cashmere-1-10.jpg
    zegna-100%-cashmere-1-10.jpg
    356.4 KB · Views: 88
  • zegna-100%-cashmere-1-12.jpg
    zegna-100%-cashmere-1-12.jpg
    303.8 KB · Views: 120
  • zegna-100%-cashmere-1-13.jpg
    zegna-100%-cashmere-1-13.jpg
    354.9 KB · Views: 143

dreamspace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi!
Can you tell me how old this jacket? Or decipher some imformation from the label?
Is it made in Switzerland?

Probably Italy or Swtizerland. IIRC, those white labels were for more casual stuff. Seems to have been made for some customers / stores in France. Probably 10-ish years old

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tony0o0