• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yuketen Footwear

jkc350z

Reaction score
Hey All!

I want to get a pair of the guide boots (these will be my first pair of Yuketens). I wear a size 10 in nike sneakers. Would you guys say I should size down 1 full size or just a half? I plan on wearing them plain socks, not thick ones.

Thanks! Any help is appreciated!

Mon Dieu

Reaction score
Bought tts and returned them. I sized down a 1/2 and they are fine, they will stretch also be aware of the width. A great shoe, enjoy.

Mon Dieu

Reaction score
Sorry for being vague, E width D width etc. The leather is soft so the Maine Guide will stretch and conform to the foot within reason.

Enjoy its a great shoe......

Faustz

Reaction score
those are my feet!

We've still got a great size run of Dress Chukka's on The Woodlands site. If you use, ANNEX at check-out, you can save 15% off

yuketen_ss12_20120409_1949.jpg

http://www.woodlandsshop.com/products/yuketen-dress-chukka-sg-brown

Also, im starting the list now for FW12 Yuketen Delivery.

We'll have the Johnson boot in Brown Chromexcel and a 5-Eye Maine Guide Boot in Mahogany Chromexcel... definitely one of the most anticipated drops for this fall. Shoot me an email [email protected] if you're are interested in being on the notification list. Once these are gone, they'll be done for the season.

Hi guys,

I am very interested in getting a pair of these for myself but I have never worn a pair of Yuketens before and do not know what size I should get. I wear size us11 Vans and nike sneakers will a us size11 yuketen be just nice for me for too big/small ?

Thanks for any replies

xander_horst

Reaction score
I only do that size-down-half move if:

1) I buy the shoes in E width
2) I plan on wearing them with thin or no socks

That's me personally. I wear size 10 in most sneakers, 9.5 in Alden Indys, etc. and 10 in almost all Yuketens with the exceptions listed above. I have Country Rangers in size 10D and they don't feel very snug (and they're too new to have stretched yet). That's my experience.

zola

Reaction score
I have these in US 9 and was looking for them for a long time and finally found them in Barcelona.
http://www.eligens.com/STORE.html
Not the greatest language skills and no web store or PayPal but all in all pretty reliable contact. No sale and 16€ for shipping within the EU.
Great shoes! Love them!
J

I've been scouring the internet for the Buccaneer Yuketen Maine Guide Boots: 

http://fashionstealer.com/PICTURES/STEALS/yuketen/yuketen_maine_guide_db_buccaneer.jpg

Cant seem to find them anywhere in a 9 or 9.5 in any width D or E.

I was also considering some Yuketen Maine Guide ox db's but I can't find these either in a 9 or 9.5. Specifically the tan or brown.

http://fashionstealer.com/yuketen-maine-guide-discount-code-promo-need-supply-sale/

If anyone knows anywhere I could get either of these it would be greatly appreciated.
Probably put up a WTB, but just thought i'd ask the experts first. 

zola

Reaction score

zola

Reaction score

Hey yuketen veterans, quick question. I just received these and they're very tight in terms of width but only a little snug for length (I made the mistake of sizing down half). Will they stretch much? The leather certainly doesn't feel as malleable as chromexcel. If not, I guess I'm selling them :( . http://needsupply.com/mens/brands/yuketen/country-ranger-2t-wf.html
I got these in 8.5 and will be wearing them with thin or no socks. Usually I am a US 9 in my yuketen..

iluvatar

Reaction score
I recently picked these up:

The ripple soles have really grown on me lately. Does anybody know anything about who in Mexico makes these and some of Yuketen's other boots? I just recall something in an interview about "century old craftsmen." I'd be interested in knowing if they make nice cowboy boots that I could pick up next time I'm in Mexico.

Last edited:

jdinet

Reaction score
I only do that size-down-half move if:

1) I buy the shoes in E width
2) I plan on wearing them with thin or no socks

That's me personally. I wear size 10 in most sneakers, 9.5 in Alden Indys, etc. and 10 in almost all Yuketens with the exceptions listed above. I have Country Rangers in size 10D and they don't feel very snug (and they're too new to have stretched yet). That's my experience.

I definitely shouldn't have sized down, but I saw a few sources saying I should and 11s weren't in stock (I'm 11D for just about everything, a bit on the wider side). My first online shoe buying blunder, hopefully I've learned my lesson. Have your other yuketens stretched much (assuming you have any in a similar type of leather)?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics