• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLEFORUM MEETUP - Styleforum and Epaulet at Alfargo's Market NYC (9/27 and 9/28)

This Friday and Saturday night, please join Styleforum and Epaulet at the esteemed Alfargo's Marketplace. It will take place at the Neue House on 25th Street and Park Ave. Everyone is welcome. Check out our Alpaca Project and have beverage on us.

Details can be found here

Fok and the Styleforum Team and Epaulet.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yuketen Footwear

Reaction score
Not a ton of info on Alejandro sizing here so curious to check in with any owners. Yuketen says to size down a full size from your typical Yuk mocc size, but curious with anyone’s experience sizing relative to brannock? Thanks!!

havensk

Reaction score
Hi does anybody know if yuketen still offers resoling? I have a pair of well loved rocker mocs that have a very unique sole. I feel like they used to have a resole page on their site.

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi does anybody know if yuketen still offers resoling? I have a pair of well loved rocker mocs that have a very unique sole. I feel like they used to have a resole page on their site.
As of last summer the resole program was suspended. Don’t know about now.

quaranteneuf

Reaction score
I just grabbed a pair of Maine Guide Oxs. The overall fit is good, but I'm getting heel slip... does this go away at all? I can't really size down on these as they would def be too narrow.

wakawaka

Reaction score
Here's my Yuketen collection: .

In my experience what you're talking about is a feature (flaw?) of how these shoes are built. All of mine have heel slip.

I don't care about it too much in those summer shoes up at the top of the photo - they're my favorite hot weather footwear, don't require tying or untying to put them either on or off, very comfortable.

In the beaver fur ones the heel slip is probably most prominent. I work around it by tying the laces through that thingy at the back and then around my ankle, sort of like laced sandals: https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/81vYXWDJVYL._AC_UY900_.jpg It's not ideal as the laces rub my ankles, but it works; fixes the boots in place despite the heavy Cortina sole, heel slip is mostly alleviated, and I can comfortably stomp through relatively long distances in these (10/15 km). That being said, when I just started to wear them a few years ago, they would chew into my Achilles tendon so bad that I'd have huge, bloody blisters to the point that after a few-kilometer long walk, the skin would come off. But I'm a tough cookie when it comes to taming unruly shoes, so after several weeks and painful tramps, they ultimately gave in.

The brown Maine Guide boots are the ones I like wearing the least. Visually they are stunning, but as you walk the laces around the instep area invariably loosen, causing heel slip. I suspect that's why some Maine Guides were upgraded with a strap, like here: https://abbotsshoes.com/cdn/shop/files/050923000052_result_5000x.jpg?v=1693990857. My version doesn't have it, so I also had to devise a special way to tie them, the laces going around the back of each boot. I might very well be the only person on the planet who ties Yuketens this way :sarcasm:. It's still a poor solution: the boot barely conforms to the natural way the joints in the foot move. Because for me this practical aspect is crucial, I prefer lower, less fussy boots than this particular Yuketen style in terms of everyday usage (enter Danners, Thorogoods).

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cooperrcharlie8