• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your favorite sneakers?

Dsquared

Reaction score
These are my favorites : 1.Prada brown sneakers 2.Prada black patent leather sneakers 3.Prada blue sneakers 4.Gucci white sneakers 5.Gucci black sneakers These are quite expensive (400$-550$) but excellent quality. What's your opinion, can you recommend some other brands that worth the price and what are general prices in US?

Souper

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Souper
Uh. paying half a grand for sneakers that usually look like puma ripoffs or failed nike crosstrainer ripoffs that you bought on canal street isn't something I'd do.

related to this subject are the dior sneakers that were inspired by german millitary trainers that someone found on a site for $50. and so on.

that said, my favorite sneaker that I've been waiting to find on sale is the common projects achilles mid.

commonprojects_sneaksinstor.jpg

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
i do not like any of the sneakers in this thread.

I prefer canvas sneakers.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Martin Margiela and Lanvin.

soonami

Reaction score
Seriously, those shoes look like the typical Eurotrash Pumas worn by rich kids in Seven and True Religion Jeans. They are ******* sneakers why would you spend much more than $100 for sneakers. APCxNikes, John VarvatosxConverse, Marc JacobsxVans... are all high fashion and not stupidly over priced. For $400- 500, you could get a new pair of Allen Edmonds, Aldens, etc, basically a handmade pair of shoes that will last 25 years.

I mean even $300+ sneakers I like from say Dior or Y3 pretty much look like regular trainers to me. So maybe it's just me

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by soonami
Seriously, those shoes look like the typical Eurotrash Pumas worn by rich kids in Seven and True Religion Jeans. They are ******* sneakers why would you spend much more than $100 for sneakers. APCxNikes, John VarvatosxConverse, Marc JacobsxVans... are all high fashion and not stupidly over priced. For $400- 500, you could get a new pair of Allen Edmonds, Aldens, etc, basically a handmade pair of shoes that will last 25 years.

I mean even $300+ sneakers I like from say Dior or Y3 pretty much look like regular trainers to me. So maybe it's just me

I agree about diors. Some of them look sick but still, 300+? It's silly money. I'd hate to hear anyone argue differently, because you are just trying to convince yourself you spent your money wisely. Again, silly money.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Lol

I've been wearing Onitsuka Tigers for 4 years. 4 more years and I'd probably be still wearing Onitsuka sneakers. I also am planning to buy a pair of Purcells to kick around in. Again, 10 years from now I see myself wearing them. Those designer sneakers with a price tag of a Santoni or Mantellassi on sale? I'll pass.

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by soonami

Agree on the DH sneakers. However for Y-3, some of them do come in shiny silver, black or grey materials which makes it very unlike other sneakers from adidas or any other brand.

Dsquared

Reaction score
Maybe in US you can find goodlooking and quality sneakers for 100$. For that price here you can get Pumas, La coste, Adidas and some other **** made of cheap materials and probably made in Vietnam or China. Maybe for 300 $ you can get something quite good like Hugo Boss, but also made in China. Prada and Gucci also have handmade shoes and great quality and design...It is rediculous to compare Prada or Gucci shoes with Pumas or Vans!!

kakemono

Reaction score
SNEAKERS...

I love my Nike Shox E11 and my Nike Free 5.0's. I also like the simple Saucony Jazz's... which is why I have, like, 6 pairs.

For sneakers, I got 100% on comfort and almost no emphasis on style b/c... they are sneakers and are usually only worn with shorts when doing athletic stuff.

nioh

Reaction score
PF-Flyers Glide and Jack Purcells.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dsquared
Maybe for 300 $ you can get something quite good like Hugo Boss... Prada and Gucci also have handmade shoes and great quality and design...

You're wrong again, on all accounts.
musicboohoo[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads