• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

Ulf-S

Reaction score

Tokyo is fantastic, and I can't get over how relatively little YY costs here. It seems like I bought the last one of these blazers in size 2 in Japan for 88.000. I grabbed a pair of basic drawstring gabardine trousers for 50.000 as well, which means that this cost me just a little bit over 1000 euros. The blazer alone retails for around 1500 euros in Europe!

davidlee388

Reaction score
@Ivwri It's fantastic you like your acquisitions
rotflmao.gif

Long time no post fits. Been away to SE Asia, some memorable shots
smile.gif

Cuisines

Awesome Teppanyaki

Japanese set lunch

Sake, Sake...

Hong Kong special - Clay Pot Rice Dish

Fast & Furious

CNY Eve Banquet

YY & Fits

Charismatic Team Aoyama

Our great ( and powerful ) Tokyo friend.

The best place for a selfie.

Where it all began.

Tokyo Metro - aw09 hat, ss11 x 3

Ginza - aw09 hat, aw05 blazer with detachable vest, aw08 knit, aw07 pants, aw11 boots.

Hong Kong Street - aw09 hat, ss02 blazer, aw14 pants, aw11 boots

aw14 Look 19 leather serpentine parka
aw14 wool Rin chan knit
aw14 wool coffin zipper pants
aw11 leather monkeys

aw14 Look 33 wool skull long shirt, aw07 pants, aw11 boots.

aw09 hat, ss15 YY shades, aw14 wool deconstructed zip jumper, ss11 cotton pants

Chinese version of a long awaited book, acquired.

aw09 hat
ss15 YY sunglasses
ss15 wool reversible 11B blazer
ss15 wool hem button drop crotch pants
aw11 monkeys

aw09 hat, ss15 denim cowl neck pullover shirt, ss15 wool drop crotch pants

aw09 hat
ss15 Ground Y x Evangelion wool reversible Rei coat
aw07 wool pants
aw11 monkeys.

Gung Hei Fat Choi

Last edited:

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks for sharing david lee. awesome photos.

just saw this tunic by way of idolbrooklyn's facebook, anyone picking it up? looks amazingggg

[

Harlock66

Reaction score
Yes, I tried that very tunic on in the Rue Chambon store. Very soft and luxurious but I couldn't see myself wearing it out that often except perhaps at home. Beautiful piece though.

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

just saw this tunic by way of idolbrooklyn's facebook, anyone picking it up? looks amazingggg

[

Definitely on my cop list for this season :). Trying to pick up more prints and this looks really great.

Great photos David!

Last edited:

rudo

Reaction score

[

Yup, got the tunic from idol and it is amazing. Sheer 100% cotton lux fabric. Btw it fits very slim, I'm usually a 2, but in order to get more like a "tunic" fit, I sized up to 4.

davidlee388

Reaction score

Tonight.
Looking forward to see what the Master has done with AW15. It would be a tough act to follow after the terrific, epic ( imo ) AW14 Femme ( the futon coats, prints, volume...) but if anyone can do it, he can :)

Last edited:

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

YYPH SS00 "seatbelt" coat (Awesome fabric. I picked up the full runway setup from wireartist a while backCan't remember composition of the fabric, but it is incredibly light. Sleeves are lined in silk and it feels very luxurious. There is a strip on the side vent that allows for some great fabric movement when in motion. Not sure I could capture it properly in the image, but I tried.
Levi's RED tshirt
YYPH SS04 drawstring wrap trousers (New acquisition and my first SS04 piece. The cut of the pants is really great. It has two long strips of fabric running down the back that can be tied in multiple configurations. I just used them to make a sash in this case, but I have also worn them as a bow to the side with a shirt tucked in.)
YYPH SS12 sneakers

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads