• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
yeah, just felt like a change. of course, now I miss it. but will be shaggy again in a few months.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shahs coat arrived. Spectacular. Excited for winter to rear its head!!

Arche

Reaction score
Here are a couple of fits inspired by Valter's great layered pics from a while ago (with the 2012 cape/mantle). The only new things here are the hat (not YYPH, but a very nice Biltmore), and the YYPH horse leather boots I described in a previous post. Still not sure what season they are from. It's getting colder here, so I'm looking forward to increasingly extravagant layering!

davidlee388

Reaction score

YYPH AW09 Look 3 Hat - ( HZ-H05-127 ) - in black, 95/5 wool/nylon, 57 cm.

Y's For Men Yohji Yamamoto AW98 " Yohji " Waistcoat - ( MY-V50-170 ) size M with a short silhouette. Front panels in 100% soft hand wool gabardine. 5 horn button closure. Left chest + 2 waist **** pockets, additional right flapped outside pocket. 2 inner pockets. Black rayon back with adjustable waist strap+buckle. Double lined in striped magnolia cotton. Astonishing construction.

Y's Yohji Yamamoto AW05 Pitti Uomo Leather String Shirt - ( MN-B14-017 ) - posted before, 100% great shirting cotton. Brilliant white, size 3, stitchless button placket, pocketless, bespoke silver buttons, 7B closure, great collar. 2 long leather strings to vary the silhouette via 16 eyelets on both sides.

YYPH SS12 Look 39 Type 2 Hakama Pants ( HB-P13-010 ) - 100% jersey textured cotton, super soft, size 3, 4B waist closure, adjustable waist with 2 cinches at back. 2 side + back pockets. Simply superb in comfort + motion.

SS Tee, OTZ-Superslick in black leather.

Last edited:

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love it though I wish the wcoat was longer at the back

zapatiste

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
stunning shots

parker that is so easy breezy ~ wish i could find the tennies in blue like you, i may get the black ones

arche keeping it real for the southern hemisphere ! wish it would decide whether to be spring/summer here or cold...i can't layer like that nor can i wear lighter stuff yet humph!

davidlee, quite the silhouette. don't mind the shortness of the waistcoat because of the contrast, not sure how to say it really other than it's awesome!

dantebykiko

Reaction score
Received this today... my Berlin stay getting better and better. Will attend and the visual dialogue with Yohji on Saturday. Super excited.
Quote:

Arche

Reaction score
I just put a Y's for Men jacket up on Ebay, to help pay for recent YYPH purchases. Here's how it looks:

If anyone is interested PM me for the link.

Last edited:

dantebykiko

Reaction score
got the ss97 denim suspenders just on time for tomorrow. worn with y's henley and ss07 size1 blazer. also the 97 catalogue which its beautiful.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads