• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

slstr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spot blower
devil.gif

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First legit YYPH piece. Woo woo! Will post a proper FP once I have a proper YYPH pair of trousers :)

Last edited:

colabear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

First legit YYPH piece. Woo woo! Will post a proper FP once I have a proper YYPH pair of trousers :)

luv this jacket with all th zip pockets with zipper pull detail. It would be fun to hang one or two Prada tricks on them. Those zip pockets can also be quite usefull like for traveling or during a night out. The zip pockets on the sleeve for condoms...hehehe. Anyway, I would wear this jacket over something more substantial and with some graphic detail like these

Prada robot tricks hanging on the zipper pulls

Margiela x H&M sweater, both shirts from Mr Porter
You is only young once

Last edited:

colabear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
US English is my third language, I don't understand what you mean by creeping. Is that when you are making sweet stuff

Last edited:

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh man, just received the zipper suit and it is gorgeous :drool:

The wool gab feels softer than more recent iterations like David had mentioned earlier I believe. It is fully lined so is a bit warmer than most of my other jackets, but still wearable here (in air conditioning hehe). Zip on the left arm gives an interesting weight to the arm and there's extra fabric on that arm as well as backing for the zipper.

Really like the shape of the pocket flaps on the jacket as well. I already own one iteration of the zipper pants thanks to wireartist so I knew what to expect in terms of cut but I wasn't sure how the wool gab would be. It is awesome. Even better than the cotton one.

The suit is in excellent condition as well with no signs of wear anywhere apart from some scuffing on a few buttons, the seller even dry cleaned it and packaged it with the fabric swatch. Packaging was handled by Fromjapan and is very good.

Will do pictures later if anyone is interested in seeing it again, but it is basically the same one Kiko and David have posted before.

davidlee388

Reaction score
Oh man, just received the zipper suit and it is gorgeous
drool.gif

Will do pictures later if anyone is interested in seeing it again, but it is basically the same one Kiko and David have posted before.
Congrats!! Looks like fromjapan is a viable alternative to SharpService although Hide had been back on form lately so I will continue to use him. Like Wire and I discussed, we believe in/ cherish relationship built up over time.

BTW your blazer is perhaps the same as Kiko's, Wire and I share the same iteration. So please post! You have the best frame to pull off Yohji imo.

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah most definitely, you cannot beat that personal touch at all. Will do a photo at some point later today or tomorrow. Now to look for some Docs...been dilly-dallying on picking up a pair for the longest time now.

I personally really like the way Yohji looks on wire best, haha. Thanks for the kind words anyway.

Last edited:

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Congrats on getting a great suit, Ivwri. It has definitely become on the staples for this thread's members, there's at least 5 of us with full zipper suits, and if I'm not mistaken I think stadsvandringar also have one of those jackets? The standard wool gabardine definitely changes between some seasons and the aw04 is one of the best I've handled, soft hand but extremely sturdy too as wire can vouch for, hehe. I thought it was the same gabardine as in your shawl collar coat though?

And yes, please take a picture! I think it's one of the few pieces with which we all have posted fit pics.

I was also curious if anyone has bought or handled the new Taschen book on Yohji? Was thinking about getting it now but if it's not amazing I might as well wait until after christmas, or pass if it's just rehashed stuff.

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks man.

I actually have the Taschen book in my amazon cart as we speak. If all goes well should have it in my hands by next weekend and I will post up a small review if no one else does before me.

EDIT - One other thing I really like about the zipper suit is that the jacket seems to make such a nice combo with anything that has a very low rise or drop crotch (haven't really done a mirror check, but it feels that way).

Last edited:

blackakira

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been wearing my jacket and pants for at least 4 days of the week for over two months. They both smell fine, but I've had an itch to give 'em both a wash. I handwash my pants(which are wool) but I'm not so sure about handwashing the yohji jacket (its 100%cotton/60%cotton40%linen/cupro lining). Would it be fine?

If you highly recommend me to dryclean them instead, what are things I should be aware of, to mention to the drycleaners?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads