• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

davidlee388

Reaction score
Looking very good repp_fink and Arche in the Parachute Blazer, and great Arche you have the matching pants too.

Making it a hat-trick for AW05.

YYPH AW05 Look 43 Toggle Coat - ( HN-J03-115 ) - black, 57/43 linen/wool, unusual linen blend ( only just.. being 57% ) for a AW piece, pronounced weave and feels indestructible and warm enough. Size 2 proper dropped shoulders, perfect sleeves + length for this short YY fan. Full sleeves + half body in cupro. 3 Yohji button concealed closure, notch lapels, 3B non working sleeves. Close inspection reveals lovely handstitch details next to concealed button holes. The focal point is the front with 3 leather braided " toggles " and long tassels fastened to loops. 6 Silver metal " tabs " secure the toggles and loops creating a DB illusion. The buttons and toggles allow different closure variations and the tassels really dramatic in motion unfastened. Brilliant coat, my top 3 coat for sure.

YYPH AW04 Look 26 Patten Knit - ( **-T01-940 ) - Asobu has it too, posted with his AW05 Look 2, Black iteration, 100% alpaca, very light weight, delicate fabric. Size 3 very oversized, super long sleeve fit. Front panel features random grey pattern in thinner fabric with frayed raw fabrics along the border. Perfect for layering.

Y's AW08 Contrast Stitch LS Top - ( ME-T01-053 ) - Black 100% soft cotton, size 2, big round neck with white contrast stitching.

YYPH SS09 Look 15 Leather Insert Pants ( HV-P07-114 ) - 100% soft wool, size 3, huge waist and baggy, front pleated. Belt loops, 2 back pocket flaps, and darts on knee side buttoned pockets in leather.

Y's x Dr Martens AW08 Boots ( ME-E53-752 ) in black matt leather, size 2, triple diagonal stitches on toe box and side zips. 10 eyelet lace closure.

CDG H+ belt.

Last edited:

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Watching Brother, Takeshi's characted is aptly named Yamamoto :satisfied:
So many luxurious costumes, I don't even care about the plot at this point (gangster exiled and acting like a look dude in new surroundings) but rather it becomes one long expose of yohji fabrics in motion lol

dantebykiko

Reaction score
Oh man, just received the zipper suit and it is gorgeous
drool.gif

The wool gab feels softer than more recent iterations like David had mentioned earlier I believe. It is fully lined so is a bit warmer than most of my other jackets, but still wearable here (in air conditioning hehe). Zip on the left arm gives an interesting weight to the arm and there's extra fabric on that arm as well as backing for the zipper.
Really like the shape of the pocket flaps on the jacket as well. I already own one iteration of the zipper pants thanks to wireartist so I knew what to expect in terms of cut but I wasn't sure how the wool gab would be. It is awesome. Even better than the cotton one.
The suit is in excellent condition as well with no signs of wear anywhere apart from some scuffing on a few buttons, the seller even dry cleaned it and packaged it with the fabric swatch. Packaging was handled by Fromjapan and is very good.
Will do pictures later if anyone is interested in seeing it again, but it is basically the same one Kiko and David have posted before.
hide-san fucked up big time with me. so disappointed. i'm trying two purchases using fromjapan. which shipping service you used? and also did they put the actual price on the package? i hope not.

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's too bad K.

For FJ I used the EMS shipping option and opted for their own box as opposed to them sending the original packaging they received. It is slightly more expensive (and for a small item is really overkill), but I quite like the box they use and it is very sturdy. You choose what value to put on the package and that's what they will use. It is part of the shipping options you have to fill out in one of the forms. Hope that helps.

dantebykiko

Reaction score
fantastic info. how instant its if you want to "buy now". i paid for something and it still not "sold out" on the website. last night i bought dress for my gf and it took 3 hours to be sold out. :/

ps: whats their working hours??

Last edited:

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hm, I can't help you there with regards to "buy it now" purchases as I have only used them for auctions. As for working hours they seem to have responded to most of my orders immediately, probably because it must primarily be an automated process. Moving funds and so on. Packaging is probably the only thing time dependent I think. Maybe someone else could shed a light on this?

dantebykiko

Reaction score
i see. quite frustrating because the item it is still on sale and i sent the money 4-5 hours ago. i don't really care about the packaging as long as arrive. i don't really understand if its automatic process and all this links etc, why the order doesn't go through and say "sold out". i guess and this proxy its not the best alternative, easier to communicate but regarding instant buys they lack speed.

also if you want to contact them their working hours are pretty odd. no weekends and 11 to 7. hopefully my order will go through. looking forward to see their shipping quotes etc.

TWorksheets

Reaction score

This is part of the reason I restrict my browsing of Y!J, too much tension as to whether or not one gets a piece they want, lol.

I know what you mean Ivwri! There was a nice simple yyph overcoat I really wanted on yahoo that jumped in price to twice my max bid before I could send Hide an email. I was already dreaming about how I would wear it too ;_;

davidlee388

Reaction score

This is part of the reason I restrict my browsing of Y!J, too much tension as to whether or not one gets a piece they want, lol.

There are so many more positives than negatives on acquiring YY on Y!. The savings on Y! are huge compared to retail ( and to eBay ). Ok we do get the odd last min outbiddings that a proxy like SS can't respond to, but I'm sure many of us, over a long period of Y! hunting, will remember the many pieces, in great condition, won at ridiculously low prices. We almost take it for granted that we shouldn't be getting in on the action of Y! Japan at all were it not for the proxies.

The selfish side of me will hope you guys are all put off for bidding on Y! so I can get all the good stuff with less competition. But the popularity of this thread has already let the secret out regarding Y! and more & more of us will be taking the plunge eventually.

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There are so many more positives than negatives on acquiring YY on Y!. The savings on Y! are huge compared to retail ( and to eBay ). Ok we do get the odd last min outbiddings that a proxy like SS can't respond to, but I'm sure many of us, over a long period of Y! hunting, will remember the many pieces, in great condition, won at ridiculously low prices. We almost take it for granted that we shouldn't be getting in on the action of Y! Japan at all were it not for the proxies.
The selfish side of me will hope you guys are all put off for bidding on Y! so I can get all the good stuff with less competition. But the popularity of this thread has already let the secret out regarding Y! and more & more of us will be taking the plunge eventually.

Yeah Y! definitely has amazing pieces for sure and so far I am very happy with my three purchases from over there as I would probably not have been able to pick them up otherwise. But, I guess a combination of just being lazy and sort of happy with my wardrobe right now is what keeps me away from hunting down stuff on Y!. If I had a paypal account it would be a LOT easier to do more shopping, hehe. From Japan will probably end up making me pick up more stuff from Y! as it will now be much easier for me to pay for stuff on there. :D

dantebykiko

Reaction score
i just contacted to see what's up with my purchase. Its been 8 hours since I paid. I'm also quite happy with my stuff I got so far (10+ suits!) but its sad seeing so many nice things for so cheap and not buy them. Also for me its more like garment research (or at least that's how i lie to myself) for the future. finishing, fabrics etc.

i can't agree on the point that we need to be super thankful to the proxies. its their business... i totally lost my trust after hide's fucked up. also why we should compare to the retail price? we don't buy from retail shop. most of the things are bought at sample sale for probably less then what we end up paying.

Last edited:

davidlee388

Reaction score
It's a valid point about the proxies making a living out of us; we are their customers so you have every right to be aggrieved when they don't deliver. It's a free country, you don't like their service, you use someone else's. The same as you don't go back to the same restaurant that poisoned you etc. We all have our own degrees of tolerance.

We are not all able to get to a sample sale I'm afraid. For a " normal " consumer what's wrong with using retail as benchmark? Plus how do you know YY things on Y! are cheap to start with? Because I wager you have already used retail prices to compare subconsciously without even realising it.

Let me put it another way, if you know flagship retail prices were very similar to the prices on Y! for the same pieces, why on earth would you want to buy 2nd hand stuff?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads