• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the SS09 suit K! Know you have been looking out for that for a while now. Great thing that it was the complete suit too and not just the jacket. :slayer:

The detail shots on your gf's own setup looks amazing. I was really blown away the first time I handled Yohji's mainline stuff for women. The attention to detail and the construction is truly something else.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
like the converse suggestion, no promise on the sleeves or collar :)

absolutely LOVE that suit! i remember when it was on gilt, they also had the arm band blazers. if only young me had known the gold mine availible :)

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Ivwri did you see you pants or did you just spam my message away :laugh:

dantebykiko

Reaction score
Congrats on the SS09 suit K! Know you have been looking out for that for a while now. Great thing that it was the complete suit too and not just the jacket.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

The detail shots on your gf's own setup looks amazing. I was really blown away the first time I handled Yohji's mainline stuff for women. The attention to detail and the construction is truly something else.
Thanks, and yes I was planning to buy the jacket long, long time ago. Luckily I won the whole suit for fantastic price - again. The only problem its that I'm not sure how I will pay for it :D. Not looking forward to Hide's invoice.

Femme stuff its awesome. In the end of the summer I was bored buying stuff for me, so I started buying for my gf :D Found some pretty amazing things.

aw96 - coat and skirt

ss05 suit

aw01 cape

aw96 coat without the skirt

aw96 skirt

edit: aw95 not aw96 ...

Last edited:

davidlee388

Reaction score
david, love that. its very dramatic and intense as you stated at the end of the post. perfect for saturday dressed lunch/dinner up. would love to see it with running shoes, though ;)

few things that i bought/received. all are set-ups.

just won my grail suit - ss09.

Thanks man, but you know I am nearly half century old? Y-3 is my limit I'm afraid. I'll leave the Reeboks to the young dudes
wink.gif

And I'm glad you won this suit. I knew you would love to go for it on Blitzonla but I didn't send you the link cos you said you were broke.....
sly.gif
You have done much better than I have, you bought the suit....for 29K+fees? The blazer alone was 134k retail in Japan. Also this escaped the infamous Rex's last min snatch ( his speciality ) and Hide came good in the end as well. It's fate :)

dantebykiko

Reaction score
Thanks man, but you know I am nearly half century old? Y-3 is my limit I'm afraid. I'll leave the Reeboks to the young dudes
wink.gif

And I'm glad you won this suit. I knew you would love to go for it on Blitzonla but I didn't send you the link cos you said you were broke.....
sly.gif
You have done much better than I have, you bought the suit....for 29K+fees? The blazer alone was 134k retail in Japan. Also this escaped the infamous Rex's last min snatch ( his speciality ) and Hide came good in the end as well. It's fate :)

I'm glad too, can't fully enjoy it at the moment because as I said, not sure how I will pay for it
baldy[1].gif
I tried to limit myself looking at yahoo and rakuten because there it's always bargains, but the 2-3 hours browsing were enough to find it. Yes the price its pretty good and was surprised that no one else try their luck. Rex haven't snatch anything from me, yet. Maybe because I always try to get bargain from bad photos and distributions and he its aiming in easy recognizable garments.

blackakira

Reaction score
damn, those are some fantastic scores for your girl kiko. i'd love to search for my mum some yohji, but absolutely clueless on sizing so that puts me off.
i don't think ive posted a proper fit (the previous one was a shoddy iphone shot) so here's a clearer shot of the jacket i got of comma.comma.
I think for a long while, this will be the daily uniform since all that I have else are just extra tshirts//I recently committed to shedding my whole wardrobe.

HT-J20-003
100% Cotton
60% Cotton, 40% Linen for the inside of the double layer
100% Cupro lining

*could someone pm me as to how to spoiler images?

Last edited:

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No fit pics (yet?), but I've promised some people to post some better pics of a few recent purchases so here goes!:

aw06 pleated suit-

well, I'm still stumped on what collection this suit is from. The tags say aw06, and that makes sense when handling the fabric. But I have a nagging and unconfirmed suspicion that originally it might be from aw00 and was re-issued in 2006 from some reason. I know they've done this from time to time. The construction details says aw00 to me, as well as the cut of the pants. Not that it matters :foo:

The fabric is relatively heavy gabardine (101) and has an incredibly drape and soft hand. Honestly, this is one of the better gabardines I've seen from him and I'm definitely looking to pick up some additional piece in this fabric at some point later on. The pants have two front pleats on each side, the outer ones are located on the side and goes deep down the side of the leg, covering the side pocket. Adds to the silhouette with the gentle taper and of course changes in movement.

aw06_1.jpg

aw06_6.jpg

aw06_2.jpg

aw06_3.jpg

aw06_4.jpg

aw06_5.jpg

aw06_7.jpg
aw06_8.jpg

and these aren't very recent, got them in august. I meant to put up some pics before but never got round to it.

ss06 cropped suspender pants. Color came out a bit dark in my photos despite my best efforts, in person the color is a clear deep navy and the print has a sort of burnt yellow/pink/plum tones. The print seems to be have been made on the reversed side, where the prints are more distinct, a clear yellow, and fabric is also a bit smoother. Relaxed fit, wide cut, fabric is very soft and moves pretty well. Suspender buttons on the inside of the waistband, width of cuffs can be altered through a strip of fabric and buttons. Managed to wear these for about two days before it got too cold, but I'm looking forward to wearing the hell out of them next spring/summer!

ss06_1.jpg

ss06_2.jpg

ss06_3.jpg

ss06_5.jpg

shah-inspired fabric-maginification/close-up:

ss06_4.jpg

Last edited:

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice haul asobu.

Love the detail shots of the print pants in particular. I definitely would like to add more wool gab to my wardrobe soon and stuff like that suit you picked up are definitely the sort of thing I am looking for. Looking forward to the fit pics :D

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

CS
Orthodox
CS
V-ave

Auburn

Reaction score

Just got this Y's turtleneck about a month ago. It is super thick and really warm. I'll put up some detail shots when I get the chance, because the bottom hem is really interesting and resposible for twisting the sweater.

Ben your latest fits are looking really good. Keep it up!

I just got done watching an interview with Yohji perhaps it hasn't been posted before?

Interview

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads