• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

sosuke

Reaction score
Fakes shouldn't be too out there right? YYPH doesn't seem like a line someone would try to produce fakes from.

Last edited:

davidlee388

Reaction score
Piece looks really amazing -- if you have the time and inclination to do so, would appreciate a closer-up, more detailed image of the sleeves... It's at present a little too warm to wear most of the YY pieces I have, but will try to contribute a couple/few images once the weather starts turning around here.
Here are the intricate details of the Thailand vintage fabric on sleeves and under the collar. The double zipper is also incredibly robust and looks indestructible. The pictures certainly do not do enough justice how nice the whole garment is.

Last edited:

davidlee388

Reaction score
Thought I'd share this link...

http://www.imn.jp/post/108057194134

...of some nice fit pics of A/W 15/16 at the Isetan web page (or what the Yohji Isetan staff are wearing). Three outfits in total with some nice details to view.
Thanks for sharing the Isetan staff outfits, they always look awesome and no expenses spared haha especially with the Marble Print set up.

Thought I post one myself, an outfit a few weeks ago to promote more AW15, such an incredible season, unassuming on the runway for some looks, mind boggling in real life.

YYPH AW15 Look 2 Reversible Triple Layered Blazer - HY-J33-803
YYPH AW15 Look 1 Drop Crotched Triple Layered Cropped Pants - HY-P09-803
For once in here I cannot describe fully this set up the way I used to do, such is the boundary pushing construction prowess of these seemingly silent pieces on the runway.803 isn't a fabric blend code, it's a new code for a combination triple fabric ( 100% wool gabardine + complementary 100% cotton & 100% rayon parts ). The blazer has an " outer " wool gabardine shell with insanely constructed dropped shoulders. The reverse side is in cotton with simple dropped shoulders but the blazer has double front panels in rayon; rayon sheets sandwiched at cuffs and frayed seams everywhere. 9 removable pinned badges. The pants have elasticated waist, belt loops and drawstrings, wool outer, cotton inner + rayon sandwiched at hems + frayed edges + additional side pocket winglets ( not shown )
Truly magnificent set-up. Firmly in the top 3.
Complete with YYPH AW09 Look 1 Fedora in wool + YFM AW06 Monkeys in black leather.

Last edited:

myname

Reaction score
YYPH AW15 Look 2 Reversible Triple Layered Blazer - HY-J33-803
YYPH AW15 Look 1 Drop Crotched Triple Layered Cropped Pants - HY-P09-803

Very nice blazer. I haven't seen this piece in person and I (mistakenly) glossed over this look when viewing the runway pictures. Your pic above does it better justice - very nice indeed!

A/W 2015 certainly has some great details. I was at Barneys (in NYC) last week and while it's been said in this forum before, runway pictures just don't do Yohji justice... A/W 2015 is a prime example of that (mind blowing / sensory overload, in person).

Eddiee

Reaction score
I am dealing with a grailed buyer right now that is making some accusations on a pair of SS15 wrap pants I sold him
These are his words:
-redacted, the issue was resolved!

Last edited:

Ulf-S

Reaction score
This is what the hems on my wrap pants look like, and they are not altered in any way. I wouldn't say that they are masterfully executed, but they are serviceable and don't bother me. Many YY items are beautifully constructed and crafted, but every single detail is not always perfect or needs to be. IMO.

There is one thing the buyer might not have considered: the right side leg, the one that wraps, is not a straight piece of fabric. Someone who is familiar with pattern making should realize that a straight hem (like the one on the left leg) gets rounded if you fan out the width of the leg; the pattern needs to spread all the way from the bottom in this case, since a pattern has to be flat (like the fabric). It looks like the inner side of the right leg is symmetrical to the left, and the outer side fans out (which makes sense since this is the part that wraps).

But anyway, it's tricky to make any other kind of hem on a rounded piece of fabric.

Last edited:

Ulf-S

Reaction score
Yay!
bounce2.gif

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, what is ML-J12-101? I know 101 is wool, but what about the other two? Thank you. The item is a Y's for men long blazer supposedly from AW04.

davidlee388

Reaction score

Hi guys, what is ML-J12-101? I know 101 is wool, but what about the other two? Thank you. The item is a Y's for men long blazer supposedly from AW04.

It's a tag code for your jacket.
M stands for Y's for men.
L can be aw00 or aw06, impossible to tell which one unless you saw the jacket in person the year it's released or in a Lookbook. Now before someone argues aw00 and aw06 should be T & B respectively, you just have to take my word.
J stands for jacket/blazer, 12 is the style number within the jacket catergory in that season.

Last edited:

flyindarkness

Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea how the camo moto with those really cool zippers fit? I remember someone posted a fit sometime ago.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member