• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

sepp

Reaction score
Thanks a million Syed.

Found the runway pics and apparently it's more like knee length short than I imagined it to be longer and looser cut pants.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
What's odd is that the listing shows the product code as HB- which is certainly ss12 (ss00 is not likely) but ss11 is HO-. It's also not that short (inseam is 52cm and rise 48cm)

Ulf-S

Reaction score
It's also not that short (inseam is 52cm and rise 48cm)

Perfect length for me, for instance. Most trousers I've bought are somewhere around this length and more or less full length on me. I have a couple of hakamas that are practically floor length, even. At least there is this one advantage to being short.

xeraphim

Reaction score
looking for the aw14 adidas zip sneakers (both low- and high-cut versions) in black, size 4... any leads greatly appreciated!

cupper

Reaction score

This was advertised as a 2012 SS pants though I couldn't spot it on any of the runway pics. Possible a non runway production?

Indeed SS12 non runway, you can check these 2 pics from Shinjuku Marui

KongGeorgeVII

Reaction score

Does anyone know if this jacket had matching pants or was the runway look the whole outfit? I just picked up the jacket, but I would love to get either the runway pants (which are the same as this photo) or the actual suit pants to wear.

This is the beginning of my 3rd AW01 tweed suit :embar:, I'm pretty amazed at the condition I've managed to get them in so far, they were all unworn and good as new. According to the seller this new one is meant to be no exception; not bad seeing as I was 10 years old when they went down the runway!

sepp

Reaction score
Thanks cupper and all those who shared generously with your thoughts and knowledge.

Love the color stripes on these but don't really know whether they will fit like those lovely 2012 SS hakamas or not.

Should I attempt or wait for a proper looking hakama to turn up at a decent price?

KongGeorgeVII

Reaction score
Those aren't going to fit anything like hakamas. They will probably be pretty roomy but hakamas have a LOT of fabric and pleats.

Take for example this photo posted by dantebykiko back in 2012:

Those pants you posted will be a quarter of the volume of that at most.

sepp

Reaction score
@KG,

Those are truly voluminous and beautiful.

I have doubts whether I can carry these well enough. For a hakama noobie, I was actually looking at something slightly less radical like these:

Are these even hakamas in the first place? LOL!

Harlock66

Reaction score
Hey Kidz

So happy to be in Paris this week and i finally get to fulfill a lifelong dream by visiting a YY store - for those in the know, do both stores carry the same items? Which one should I visit first? And do you know the hours?

Thanks so much!

xeraphim

Reaction score
stock is slightly different, but not by much. personally i'd just go straight to cambon first; both stores are not overly far away from each other. can't quite remember the hours but i'd imagine something along the lines of 11-7pm...

davidlee388

Reaction score
Ask for Raphael or Chantal in Cambon and Lawrence in Louvre , they are super helpful. Say the Chinese dude called David Lee sent you lol.

Y's Louvre sells LIMI feu, Y's and YYPH, Cambon sells YYPH and YYF, we always take time to look at the female stuff ( esp the Mrs likes the collections too )as well and you will prob find YYF is far more awesome than YYPH!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
STACY411