• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rwtc

Reaction score
Thank you for your thorough explanation Jackson! I believe Yeossal shoes with the "step" would be visually indistinguishable with bespoke shoes, with the quality as well to be on par, being hand welted.

Another question - do you recall what I emailed you months ago regarding a new patina swatch in a wine colour? Did the factory ever have the opportunity to send you the swatch?

jacksomeister

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thank you for your thorough explanation Jackson! I believe Yeossal shoes with the "step" would be visually indistinguishable with bespoke shoes, with the quality as well to be on par, being hand welted.

Another question - do you recall what I emailed you months ago regarding a new patina swatch in a wine colour? Did the factory ever have the opportunity to send you the swatch?

jacksomeister

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
You are very welcome! Yeah I remembered that one, still very much on my radar. The factory was supposed to do a prototype swatch after the Chinese New Year but the COVID came along. I spoke to my factory last week to continue with the prototyping of the color mix but has to delay it for a little while as we are rushing out orders and the new shoes batch that were uncharacteristically delayed by the extended shutdown of the factory. I expect the result to be in this week. I'll continue the conversation with you via our email thread.

rwtc

Reaction score
Anyone interested in a GMTO or two, so we can avoid the design fee? I'd commission these for myself but I'd rather not pay 300SGD in design fees ... I'd be down for one pair in both designs.

Proposal one: Longwing style balmoral, with medallion and perforated captoe, with perforated swan neck.

Similar to the Duxton (Meccariello said his "Duxton" equivalent (Decurion 3) sells like hot cakes - I couldn't even buy my own size from Yeossal after 24 hours of release):

It's basically one design change to the Duxton, which is to change the wing at the front, into a perforated captoe. So it would be a combination of the Shrewsbury and the Duxton.

Picture from YF - I guess the Yeossal equivalent last would be the YSQ:

Picture from Mecariello (Decurion I):

Proposal two: Wholecut with medallion

Similar to the Gilstead:

We'd remove the perforated captoe, add the medallion from the Duxton, and change the swan neck to a perforated design.

Picture from YF:

bsarosi

Reaction score
@rwtc - I'd be interested in the first makeup depending on color. I have a mid-brown captoe balmoral without a medallion enroute from Yim so I'd lean towards a dark brown or oxblood/burgundy color. What color/leather were you thinking?

rwtc

Reaction score
@bsarosi I believe Yeossal allows us to customize it however we want, as long as the model is the same. That being said, I requested Jackson to get a swatch sample from his factory for this patina, which would satisfy what you mentioned about the oxblood/burgundy.

He mentioned that the swatch will arrive this week, so we will see what happens.

I was thinking coffee calf or the above burgundy patina for myself. If the second pair doesn't work out, I might commission the Duxton in the chelmer museum/gold museum/navy patina....

Last edited:

bsarosi

Reaction score
@bsarosi I believe Yeossal allows us to customize it however we want, as long as the model is the same. That being said, I requested Jackson to get a swatch sample from his factory for this patina, which would satisfy what you mentioned about the oxblood/burgundy.

He mentioned that the swatch will arrive this week, so we will see what happens.

I was thinking coffee calf or the above burgundy patina for myself. If the second pair doesn't work out, I might commission the Duxton in the chelmer museum/gold museum/navy patina....

That burgundy would be a good option depending on the swatch. Red Wine or Misty Brown patina would also be options (would be great to see a swatch or makeup in those as well) for me.

rwtc

Reaction score
Sounds good. By the way, this is the red wine patina, if you haven't seen:

The swatch I requested Jackson to get is less reddish and in my opinion, closer to wine.

Let's see what the factory comes up with.

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone interested in a GMTO or two, so we can avoid the design fee? I'd commission these for myself but I'd rather not pay 300SGD in design fees ... I'd be down for one pair in both designs.

Proposal one: Longwing style balmoral, with medallion and perforated captoe, with perforated swan neck.

Similar to the Duxton (Meccariello said his "Duxton" equivalent (Decurion 3) sells like hot cakes - I couldn't even buy my own size from Yeossal after 24 hours of release):

It's basically one design change to the Duxton, which is to change the wing at the front, into a perforated captoe. So it would be a combination of the Shrewsbury and the Duxton.

Picture from YF - I guess the Yeossal equivalent last would be the YSQ:

Picture from Mecariello (Decurion I):

Doesn’t Yeossal already have this exact model called the Dalvey or am I missing something?
ACA12DEC-AE78-40FE-AC47-887BAA7E58A9.jpeg

rwtc

Reaction score
The Dalvey model is made by AM at ~$200SG more. Moreover, it has been discontinued.
With this promotion, the current Yeossal line is $350SG cheaper, and you then have to take into account the shipping promotion.

Last edited:

bsarosi

Reaction score
Sounds good. By the way, this is the red wine patina, if you haven't seen:

The swatch I requested Jackson to get is less reddish and in my opinion, closer to wine.

Let's see what the factory comes up with.

I like the patina on that but would prefer more of a wine color so I'm curious to see what they provide.

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Dalvey model is made by AM at ~$200SG more. Moreover, it has been discontinued.
With this promotion, the current Yeossal line is $350SG cheaper, and you then have to take into account the shipping promotion.
Got it, thanks for the correction. I saw it pictured on top of what looks like a Yeossal box on the website, hence my confusion. But I should’ve known as it’s definitely an AM aesthetic.
EF6E88A6-7F08-4838-B91C-C1F4CC25A3A8.jpeg

jacksomeister

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Ditto. Only the GMTO model needs to be the same, for the rest of the specs we try to be as flexible as we can for everyone to express his own creativity to one's fullest. Oh, one more thing, our HW range always include a pair of color matched lasted shoe trees ?

Last edited:

jacksomeister

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
That burgundy would be a good option depending on the swatch. Red Wine or Misty Brown patina would also be options (would be great to see a swatch or makeup in those as well) for me.
Misty brown patina or coffee box are both great choices IMHO for @rwtc proposal one, in addition to the new Oxblood patina we are developing (hopefully with something to share very soon). Feels like we might be hitting on something - keep the conversation going folks.

jacksomeister

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Any idea when the olive polos are restocking? Looking at either M or L size

@Lachino We have recently restocked the Olive fabric but not expecting to commence the RTW batch production for S to XL sizes in this colorway that soon, due to the suspension of non-essential business activities in Singapore. Alternatively you may wish to consider the single MTO option.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.4%

Forum statistics

Threads