• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@NewYorkIslander I must say you have just killed it with your summer collection. There's not a single tie that I wouldn't purchase given unlimited funds. Really excellent all the way through.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't want to miss the opportunity to pre-order the new shirts. @NewYorkIslander when do you think you will post measurements and start taking orders?

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I don't want to miss the opportunity to pre-order the new shirts. @NewYorkIslander when do you think you will post measurements and start taking orders?

I just spoke with our shirtmaker yesterday....hopefully by the end of the week I'll get measurements. I'll reach out to you @GusW when we do.

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Summer Blue Streaky Cashmere Linen Silk

Really interested in this one, which you wear very well. Do you find the cashmere makes it warm or fuzzy, though? Wondering about it in the dog days of August.

Last edited:

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really interested in this one, which you wear very well. Do you find the cashmere makes it warm or fuzzy, though? Wondering about it in the dog days of August.

Thank you. The tie is wonderfully soft to the touch and actually quite smooth in real life (I suppose that's the linen and silk smoothing it out a bit). The fabric itself is light in weight and, combined with the tie's very light construction, there were no issues with it being too warm. For reference, it was 90 degrees here yesterday so I think that's a fair test run for warm weather. I have no hesitation on wearing it all summer long and I liked it so much I bought the green one as well.

Last edited:

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Generally, I don't think cold/warm weather ties really exist (strictly from a wear perspective), but I would say it's a safe bet that YH's will not run too warm. I have a 100% Zegna cashmere (from the spring releases) and I wouldn't hesitate to wear it when it gets really hot, given its airy nature.

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Generally, I don't think cold/warm weather ties really exist (strictly from a wear perspective), but I would say it's a safe bet that YH's will not run too warm. I have a 100% Zegna cashmere (from the spring releases) and I wouldn't hesitate to wear it when it gets really hot, given its airy nature.

Thank you. The tie is wonderfully soft to the touch and actually quite smooth in real life (I suppose that's the linen and silk smoothing it out a bit). The fabric itself is light in weight and, combined with the tie's very light construction, there were no issues with it being too warm. For reference, it was 90 degrees here yesterday so I think that's a fair test run for warm weather. I have no hesitation on wearing it all summer long and I liked it so much I bought the green one as well.

Thanks -- great thoughts on this. Glad to hear it's that smooth. I just have a thing about fuzzy ties in the summer, so I was concerned about the cashmere. It's a gorgeous tie. I might go for the green one, as I'm really looking for a new green-color summer-weight tie. In the blue category, the Wool-Linen-Silk Windowpane is the one that's caught my eye... though I really have way too many blue ties as it is.

Last edited:

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's no such thing as too many ties of any color...especially blue.
cheers.gif

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's no such thing as too many ties of any color...especially blue.
cheers.gif

Haha there's some truth to that!

By the way, great collar in your photo above. Seems a great cutaway (though I like mine just slightly taller in front). Who's the maker on your shirts -- or on that shirt in particular?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads