• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Would this work and how

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nereis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok what we have here issssssss....... a plaid buttondown, jeans and ankle boots. Looks like the styleforum uniform to me. You'll fit right in.

Plaidy-Teen

Reaction score
I'm asking for help with shoe choice, because im no leather shoe expert and any that i see seem to be disgusting :p

*Tee*

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
sometimes when guys see me in the men's room they hastily look for the urinal to verify they didn't just walk into the women's restroom

Haha. I love that imagination...

That doesn't mean that I can relate to it, though...

If I'd see you in the men's room ( tête-à -tête ), I'd more probably edge towards the exit, with my back to the wall, try not to lose sight of you and tell you: "Sorry, but I'm not into that kind of ****..."
confused.gif
shog[1].gif

videocrew

Reaction score
What do you want to spend? Cheap leather shoes usually don't look that great.

Plaidy-Teen

Reaction score
I'm a teenager so don't rlly want to spend much. A piece of advice i recieved was to buy some second hand shoes, because they also have a worn look which might look better

Torn

Reaction score
Here's a tip, more about life in general than fashion in particular: Observe closely everything the Jonas Brothers do, and do the exact opposite.

Sure, you'll have a harder time pulling 13 year old girls, but at least your friends might respect you.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
cheapest option is to get some white air force 1s and rub brown leather polish all over them.

videocrew

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Plaidy-Teen
I'm a teenager so don't rlly want to spend much. A piece of advice i recieved was to buy some second hand shoes, because they also have a worn look which might look better
There's a thread for $300 sneakers on here. Is not much $100? $50? $200? $20? Help us help you.

Plaidy-Teen

Reaction score
I personally hate the jonas brothers :p But it was the first picture i found with the smart shoes/indigo jeans combo

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you want to put out those kind of power bottom vibes, good for you. I don't think the brown shoes NECESSARILY mean scat play, but be prepared if someone asks.

Basically wrap it up and make sure he wraps it up and you should be good to go.

wogbog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
Hey Plaidy-teen, what you've posted isn't exactly groundbreaking. it's a plaid shirt, jeans, and leather shoes instead of converse. Welcome to early adulthood. I'm not sure what you're in doubt about. Go to any mall in America and you'll find all that stuff. Check J-Crew, Banana Republic, Zara, H&M, etc.
Yeah Or a thrift store. I'd suggest the latter + patience if you don't want to spend much money. Skim through the no-discussion what are you wearing today thread if you want ideas, there's lots of people who are very good at dressing in there!

Eccentric

Reaction score
A couple pieces of advice. First, there is nothing outlandish about that outfit, it's pretty safe. Ankle boots are your friend.

Secondly, if you wan't to avoid being mocked, you have to put these sorts of question in the right place. Honestly, the people of this forum have long ago had their souls shattered and improperly mended, so that one of their great hobbies is finding and running off noobs such as yourself who don't grasp this etiquette. Eventually, after participating in enough discussion threads, you can either blow Fuuma or start a thread mocking Conne to gain wider acceptance.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
If you want to put out those kind of power bottom vibes, good for you. I don't think the brown shoes NECESSARILY mean scat play, but be prepared if someone asks.

Basically wrap it up and make sure he wraps it up and you should be good to go.

this is good advice. i'm gonna write this down in my pocket notebook for daily use. thanks

Plaidy-Teen

Reaction score
I assume i am right in thinking that some slim fitted indigo jeans would be best? Maybe some APC's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads