• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

digga

Reaction score
The stitching is coming loose on one of my boots. Should I get this fixed or can I just cut it off and let it be? I have had these for two or three months I think. I wear them about twice a week.

MikeSwartz

Reaction score
I just got a pair of these in Brown and this is what they look like after half a day of wear. It's a real bummer that they don't both crease the same. Even if they were both like the left one it would be better than each being different.

And if they both looked like the right one, man would I be stoked. Also the right one seems to be different in color as well. I got rid of a size I bought that were too big and they also did this, except that on that pair the right one creased poorly.

I know it will be less noticeable once they are both beat up a bit but it still bothers me. I know, I know, its alllll normal. I just don't think it should be.

MarioImpemba

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel like people surprised by creasing must not have owned proper shoes/boots before. Even a $1500 pair of Lobbs will noticeably crease, and differently on each foot since your foot and gait aren't perfectly symmetrical.

MikeSwartz

Reaction score
Even a $1500 pair of Lobbs will noticeably crease, and differently on each foot since your foot and gait aren't perfectly symmetrical.

That's completely true. I don't have any shoes in the $1500 range but I have a few I think SF would consider nice and they do crease differently.

When it comes to these boots I'm not saying the inconsistencies aren't worth it. I'm not even sure if I would return or exchange this particular pair given the chance.

Although I highly doubt that the difference seen in this pair is caused by my gait or differences in my feet, it's entirely possible. I just think it's weird that people are so quick to dismiss it and call anyone who thinks it's an issue silly or uninformed or mistaken. It's not attractive, and it doesn't happen with most other shoes, otherwise we wouldn't keep seeing it and hearing about it.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a very common occurrence in things made of thick full grain leather. It is the nature of the beast and that's really about it. MI is correct in what he has said about gait and so on. None of my shoes or boots has creased and worn the same when comparing the left to right sides.

MarioImpemba

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's not attractive, and it doesn't happen with most other shoes, otherwise we wouldn't keep seeing it and hearing about it.

That's why I presumed it was some peoples first foray into "expensive" footwear, and as such, are hyper-critical with their investment; it seems like the W1K's are a common gateway boot into nicer quality footwear (though, this is pure speculation on my part).

Take a look at the picture of the Red Wing x J.Crew Rough & Tough leather boots in my signature; the creasing is uneven and pretty significant. It happens with other footwear.

It's a very common occurrence in things made of thick full grain leather. It is the nature of the beast and that's really about it. MI is correct in what he has said about gait and so on. None of my shoes or boots has creased and worn the same when comparing the left to right sides.

QFT.

Last edited:

tsekh

Reaction score

I just got a pair of these in Brown and this is what they look like after half a day of wear. It's a real bummer that they don't both crease the same. Even if they were both like the left one it would be better than each being different.

And if they both looked like the right one, man would I be stoked. Also the right one seems to be different in color as well. I got rid of a size I bought that were too big and they also did this, except that on that pair the right one creased poorly. 

I know it will be less noticeable once they are both beat up a bit but it still bothers me. I know, I know, its alllll normal. I just don't think it should be. 

Don't worry. My brown 1000 mile boots had the exact same problem with you. But after a month or two, after the leather is stretched to the shape of your feet and get more crease, the difference is no longer noticeable.

Birdsnest

Reaction score
Hey Guys – I’ve got to warn you about a scam site I was taken by. “Wolverineboot.net” appears to be a legitimate site. They use 100% Wolverine corporate graphics and offer goods at very attractive prices. In a flurry of web searching I came across the site and was taken. The 3 or 4 beers in my belly did not help. In a moment of weakness I ordered a pair of 1000 mile boots and paid via CC. I was immediately suspicious when I received a suspicious confirmatory e-mail from China. O.K., I thought, perhaps this was a Chinese source dealing directly from Wolverine’s off-shore production. Perhaps it is legit. But then I thought, so how can they also offer such discounts on the U.S. made shoes? I did a bit of searching and found the site was hosted from Lithuania. This should have been clue enough but then I considered cloud hosting and thought perhaps I was over-reacting, as the other communication seemed sincere. Anyway, my order arrived today. I would up receiving a pair of cheap, featherweight, unbranded, Chinese-made, black lace-up work boots, with white lug soles. There was a notice in the box saying they were forced to substitute due to my first choice being out of stock. I was completely disgusted. Frankly, I wouldn’t pay $30 at Wal-mart for the boots they sent. So, I e-mailed the customer service address on the packing slip and of course it came back undeliverable. I was completely ripped off for a significant sum. I figure I likely have no recourse as I placed the order, received goods, but have no way to return the shipment or cancel payment. An expensive lesson learned. So please, DO NOT ORDER from Wolverineboot.net -- it is completely bogus.

ShiroiAkuma

Reaction score
This is a perfect example for everyone on this forum who tries to "save a buck" instead of ordering from a reputable (preferably privately owned shop).

Crane is on here answering questions & giving his time and energy which isn't free... At least give the guy a shot and let him price a pair out for you. That's clearly IMO, but this is how I avoid having these scams happen to me. It's nice to call and have a real person on the other end of the phone instead of an undeliverable e-mail returned. Again just my 2 cents for what its worth.

Thanks for the heads up & spreading the good work of the scum bag scammer pieces of ****.

tsekh

Reaction score

Hey Guys – I’ve got to warn you about a scam site I was taken by.  “Wolverineboot.net” appears to be a legitimate site.  They use 100% Wolverine corporate graphics and offer goods at very attractive prices.  In a flurry of web searching I came across the site and was taken.  The 3 or 4 beers in my belly did not help.  In a moment of weakness I ordered a pair of 1000 mile boots and paid via CC.  I was immediately suspicious when I received a suspicious confirmatory e-mail from China.  O.K., I thought, perhaps this was a Chinese source dealing directly from Wolverine’s off-shore production.  Perhaps it is legit.  But then I thought, so how can they also offer such discounts on the U.S. made shoes?  I did a bit of searching and found the site was hosted from Lithuania.  This should have been clue enough but then I considered cloud hosting and thought perhaps I was over-reacting, as the other communication seemed sincere.  Anyway, my order arrived today.  I would up receiving a pair of cheap, featherweight, unbranded, Chinese-made, black lace-up work boots, with white lug soles.  There was a notice in the box saying they were forced to substitute due to my first choice being out of stock.  I was completely disgusted.  Frankly, I wouldn’t pay $30 at Wal-mart for the boots they sent.  So, I e-mailed the customer service address on the packing slip and of course it came back undeliverable.  I was completely ripped off for a significant sum.  I figure I likely have no recourse as I placed the order, received goods, but have no way to return the shipment or cancel payment.  An expensive lesson learned.  So please, DO NOT ORDER from Wolverineboot.net  -- it is completely bogus.

Call your credit card company and report the scam. It will take quite a while and tedious but you can probably get your money back.

turdburglar

Reaction score
This is a perfect example for everyone on this forum who tries to "save a buck" instead of ordering from a reputable (preferably privately owned shop).

Crane is on here answering questions & giving his time and energy which isn't free... At least give the guy a shot and let him price a pair out for you. That's clearly IMO, but this is how I avoid having these scams happen to me. It's nice to call and have a real person on the other end of the phone instead of an undeliverable e-mail returned. Again just my 2 cents for what its worth.

Thanks for the heads up & spreading the good work of the scum bag scammer pieces of ****.
Exactly! I was cross-shopping with Ebay vendors but in the end decided to spend a bit more and bought a pair through Cranes. Definitely worth the peace of mind.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads