• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread

chickenfark

Reaction score
I'll try and get some pics later, when I quickly tried it on, fit was pretty much the same as the bamboo shirts for me

GoodTwillHuntin

Reaction score
I actually received my Opossum shirts too. They are definitely longer than past tees. I prefer the old fit...

The shirts are beefier and the fabric has bounce to it compared to my bamboo sorona shirts from last year. They feel more breezy too. The tag is no longer printed, but easily removed.

I'm missing my avocetta, which I'm guessing is not finished and will be shipped later. there wasn't any writing that gave me a heads up on this.

masterkaj

Reaction score
Wondering how sizing was for everyone regarding the bamboo shirts? I have a couple XL from past orders but these pre-orders seem extra big. I knew they were going to be longer but...
I previously got an XL on sale and it was slightly too big for me. I ordered L's this pre-order and they seem to be just as baggy as my XL. I'll have to take some measurements later today.

mookiej

Reaction score

I actually received my Opossum shirts too. They are definitely longer than past tees. I prefer the old fit...

The shirts are beefier and the fabric has bounce to it compared to my bamboo sorona shirts from last year. They feel more breezy too. The tag is no longer printed, but easily removed.

I'm missing my avocetta, which I'm guessing is not finished and will be shipped later. there wasn't any writing that gave me a heads up on this.

Got my Opossum shirt too. I like the fabric a lot - it's quite different than the bamboo sorona. Feels more substantial. I also had a Verbeena shirt in that order, but like GoodTwillHuntin, I'm missing that too.

Quick note from Mauro - 

[COLOR=222222]If you receive something and are missing part of the order it means it's not ready. I am paying for the shipping of the missing items. The extra shipping is inexpensive, but I would rather you have something to wear or have, so that when I do more pre-orders people feel safe.[/COLOR]

So this happened twice to me. I think it's pretty nice of Mauro to eat the extra shipping and send them as they are completed. But I think it would probably save him some headaches if he just noted the fact on the shipping invoice so you knew that it was to be shipped later.

kwanon

Reaction score
Got my Verbena today. Pretty neat stuff. I'm sure it'll make a fine undershirt for now but I can't wait to try it in summer. 77% linen and 23% silk. Only from WvG! Love the texture.

taint it sweet

Reaction score
Still haven't received a shipping notification on those summer tees. Hopefully soon. Anybody heard about progress on the "not so normal" shirt preorders?

lllsssfff

Reaction score
I previously got an XL on sale and it was slightly too big for me. I ordered L's this pre-order and they seem to be just as baggy as my XL. I'll have to take some measurements later today.

I took some measurements and the new XL is definitely much larger than the old XLs that I have. I have 3 of the old XL bamboo shirts which measure 22/22.5 inches p2p, the new XL, at least the 2 that I received, are 25 p2p.

Maruo is sending me 2 L's for sizing. I think they'll work out.

The customer service is just as fantastic as the products. Which is HUGE for me as a customer.

I don't like the delays, my lounge pants got pushed back to mid-Dec and I'm still waiting on 2 beanies and 2 shirts, but damn son the products are sweeeeeeet.

masterkaj

Reaction score
I took some measurements and the new XL is definitely much larger than the old XLs that I have. I have 3 of the old XL bamboo shirts which measure 22/22.5 inches p2p, the new XL, at least the 2 that I received, are 25 p2p.

Maruo is sending me 2 L's for sizing. I think they'll work out.

The customer service is just as fantastic as the products. Which is HUGE for me as a customer.

I don't like the delays, my lounge pants got pushed back to mid-Dec and I'm still waiting on 2 beanies and 2 shirts, but damn son the products are sweeeeeeet.
Yes, his customer support is awesome. I've already shipped back my larges in exchange for mediums.

Last edited:

DarkDestiny

Reaction score
To the others that got the Opossum shirt, do you see a lot of pilling happening on your shirt? There are small clumps of fabric here and there that I wouldn't normally see on a new shirt. Unfamiliar with the fabric so not sure if it's normal.

stafa

Reaction score
To the others that got the Opossum shirt, do you see a lot of pilling happening on your shirt? There are small clumps of fabric here and there that I wouldn't normally see on a new shirt. Unfamiliar with the fabric so not sure if it's normal.

Yes, mine is like that as well

staeyoung

Reaction score
My Opossum tee is being delivered today. Does it run larger as well? How does it fit compared to the previous (not this batch) bamboo sorona tees? I wore XL in those and got an XL in Opossum.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads