• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread

shortlefty

Reaction score
Apparently cdbs looks good with anything semi formal/business casual which suits the general malefashionadvice uniform. I bought one when I first encountered that subreddit and got rid of it within a week

orfane

Reaction score
Mauro has talked about his frustrations with reddit before in past threads. I get the sense that they're maddening to deal with because they expect the world at super-clearance prices, but they also drive a lot of traffic and are kind of a necessary evil (or were; maybe things are different, or at least easier for Mauro, with the shift to the pre-order system)
Admittedly my introduction to WvG (and most fashion) was through Reddit. But I pretty quickly recognized it as just a starting place and sought out more, which most of them say as well. Fashion wise they really push basic, no risk uniforms and cheap prices, but its a decent introduction for college-aged people, and you can get good info from more niche subreddits. Its still fun to check out but there is a lot of noise to wade through for the good stuff.

falathar

Reaction score
CDBs are often the first stop for guys who are used to rocking nothing but athletic sneakers but want to up their shoe game. For some, it's the gateway into higher quality footwear, for others it's the stopping point. There was even a thread on SF with a lot of discussion about CDBs from a few years back.

Last edited:

shortlefty

Reaction score

CDBs are often the first stop for guys who are used to rocking nothing but athletic sneakers but want to up their shoe game. For some, it's the gateway into higher quality footwear, for others it's the stopping point. There was even a thread on SF with a lot of discussion about CDBs from a few years back.

Wow you're very correct. I didn't even realize that after I stopped wearing the cdbs, I went straight into viberg and AE. They were essentially the catalyst to my high end shoe obession.

Callusing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm gonna need all of those wool knits. As long as the fit is slim enough, I'm gonna be in for at least 2...I expected prices to be more than double what they are. I've found it surprisingly hard to get well-made, slim-fitting, single-jersey merino knits, but I can trust in Mauro to come through.
thumbs-up.gif

single origin

Reaction score
I hope he posts some fit pics with the preorder, hard to gauge what the finished product will look like by the swatches.

NotClever

Reaction score

I see WvG mentioned often enough on reddit, as well, and reddit is a bigger audience than SF.  However I think a lot of the people over there balk at the prices, which is a shame since I think Mauro's prices are pretty great for what you get.

Mauro's pricing is almost clinically insane. You're correct that Reddit often balks at prices, and any time it comes up I do my best to assure people that he should be charging double what he does, and if it's a sale you're probably actually paying wholesale prices.

MFA on Reddit is a mixed bunch, though. There is a core of influential posters that are well versed in understanding pricing and value, but the vast majority of the audience are complete neophytes that are just trying to dress well for the first time. Arguments about why you should ever spend more than $5 for a tee shirt ensue frequently.

kwanon

Reaction score
Mauro's pricing is almost clinically insane. You're correct that Reddit often balks at prices, and any time it comes up I do my best to assure people that he should be charging double what he does, and if it's a sale you're probably actually paying wholesale prices.

MFA on Reddit is a mixed bunch, though. There is a core of influential posters that are well versed in understanding pricing and value, but the vast majority of the audience are complete neophytes that are just trying to dress well for the first time. Arguments about why you should ever spend more than $5 for a tee shirt ensue frequently.
It drove me nuts and I eventually gave up. jdbee stepping down was the death knell of MFA. It led me to SF though and for that I am grateful.

I can understand a college student making the best of a tight budget. But it's hard for me to imagine a professional who cares enough about clothes to visit a forum balking at any of Mauro's prices. The only legitimate complaint I can see is the timeline/delays. But that happens even up at Epaulet's price point with >$1,000 suits and >$800 shoes. It's an unavoidable consequence of pre-orders, seeing behind the scenes, and dealing with small vendors.

psychodealer

Reaction score
It drove me nuts and I eventually gave up. jdbee stepping down was the death knell of MFA. It led me to SF though and for that I am grateful.

I can understand a college student making the best of a tight budget. But it's hard for me to imagine a professional who cares enough about clothes to visit a forum balking at any of Mauro's prices. The only legitimate complaint I can see is the timeline/delays. But that happens even up at Epaulet's price point with >$1,000 suits and >$800 shoes. It's an unavoidable consequence of pre-orders, seeing behind the scenes, and dealing with small vendors.
Yeah. Mauro's stuff are priced really, really well. MFA is just not his target.

A good forum on Reddit is GYW though. The people there are used to dropping $400 on a regular basis. They understand what makes things good in general, or there are people there that do anyhow.

HeavenResign

Reaction score
I got the grey/black button down ombre in - this thing is sick. In this colorway, I'm really glad it ended up going opposite.

Will try and get a pic soon

psychodealer

Reaction score
Speaking of prices - https://www.wolfvsgoat.com/blogs/blog/tomorrows-pre-order

I personally love the price breakdown and think it's a great idea.
Yeah! Totally would be cool. The whole website needs a revamp IMO. The thing is so messy when it comes to inventory and stuff. Surely there are more elegant solutions?

Guess tomorrow I'm spending at least $150. Wold be totally worth it. Only thing though, if I pay with PayPal, do the money get deducted when it arrives? Or do I just pay pretty much right away?

HeavenResign

Reaction score
Okay here's the grey ombré

Terrible fit pic in terms of like actually showing the outfit but it shows the shirt colors off very well I think

Sorry about the assorted bath products but hey that's the mirror selfie life sometimes

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member