• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wings + Horns SS14

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
White hi-tops have always been on my radar, but I usually forget to check when they hit sale and they're gone or don't get marked down.

rexet

Reaction score
I have to say I'm not as satisfied as you all.
I owned a pair of high-top for a year with regular wears.
The left small steel tongue (I don't know how to call them) to zip and unzip broke after 8 months and the other other 2 months later. I put some small key rings to replace them.
And I had a weird experience with these pair of sneakers: they quickly started to smell kind of funky. I have no idea why. I don't have any hygiene issue and I have many high end sneakers (Lanvin, Dior, Margiela) without any problem of that kind. Build speaking they hold up well except the zip issue.

Don't be mislead, I love W+H sneakers and to be honest I just received another pair (exactly the same high-top white model) this morning to replace them. Just because I love how they look :embar:

ihatelucy

Reaction score

The left small steel tongue (I don't know how to call them) to zip and unzip broke after 8 months and the other other 2 months later. I put some small key rings to replace them.

Mine did too actually, and I also put small key rings as well. It doesn't bother me much, I could easily put new zippers in if I wanted to. The shoe itself has held up great over the past 2 - 3 years, but now the sole is wearing down and I might need a new pair soon. Also they dont smell either.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That's pretty weird that they smell. Are they leather or suede? Did you wear them in rain/snow a lot or something?

rexet

Reaction score
They are leather.
I even wrote a email to W+H trying to dig the problem (because once again I never had such an issue with any of my shoes, even my tennis and running trainers!) but I didn't find the cause. I will start to wear the brand new ones which are the same model and I will see if this happens again.

rapsfan50

Reaction score
hey all. interested in the quilted combat bomber like some of you are and am thinking of jumping on it as a late christmas present for myself. only thing i'm worried about is sizing. i'm 5'10, 150-155lbs, 36" chest. is a small or medium the best size for me? the model on their website is 6', 162lbs and is wearing a medium, should i go with a small to get a similar fit?

i have the navy peacoat with the ribbed collar from a season (or two?) ago and i love it, and am thinking of another piece to add to the wardrobe. thanks for the feedback!

Last edited:

Distorbiant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
White hi-tops have always been on my radar, but I usually forget to check when they hit sale and they're gone or don't get marked down.

Yea for some reason I wasn't sure about the fit but I decided to keep my pair in 46.

Really awesome looking shoes. Got em for 170 on a rare sale I was pretty pleased. They dip pretty low in price!

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
supposedly 40% off all day online at w+h webshop but there's no code in the email and nothing shows up. Hopefully it's just too early on the west coast and its updated soon or something.
Need some more tokyo pants.

Skell6009

Reaction score
supposedly 40% off all day online at w+h webshop but there's no code in the email and nothing shows up. Hopefully it's just too early on the west coast and its updated soon or something.
Need some more tokyo pants.
Looks like only on F/W14 items. The discount is already applied and is up now.

eggsB

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Anyone have experience with their Cabin Fleece offerings?

I have the sweatshirt. Very comfy, warm, and some of the softest material on the inside I've ever felt. Very thick. Only drawback is in the beginning, since it's made of three layered fabric, it behaves somewhat like neoprene in its shape: doesn't really drape to the body but sits on your frame in a stiff sorta way (especially if skinny). after wearing it once it starts to form to your body more and stacks/creases on the arms reduce this effect. I haven't washed it yet but I suspect washing it would further reduce the stiffness.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads