• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wings and Horns FW 09

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And um.....Context has it at 16.5..........EVEN WORSE

I'm referring to the box rib cardigan...

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm always paranoid that what I order won't fit cause everyone has different measurements! Take the MK2 for example. Context, Farinellis, Haven, and Roden all gave me different measurements.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uker
Well I am really skinny and I actually gain pretty quick. it doesnt take much for me to start seeing noticeable differences.

But I am biting regardless =) If i get a winter out of it it will still be worth it...2 ...even better
smile.gif

That's how I used to be man. 17 I was skinny, around 160 lbs...at 19 now I'm hovering around 185-190 depending on water weight, roughly 8% bodyfat.

Uker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dmash1080
That's how I used to be man. 17 I was skinny, around 160 lbs...at 19 now I'm hovering around 185-190 depending on water weight, roughly 8% bodyfat.

Yup haha. Sounds about right. Im 19, 6'0 and about 165.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snake
Received the diamond knit beanie in the mail today. Fits very snug, but still comfortable. The temps need to drop before I can try it out though.

I take it you never got any fit pics up for this one? Does it fit like the model on context (the guy with the blankets)? I can't find fit pics anywhere other than Context and I don't like the fit on that guy. Please help!

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
I take it you never got any fit pics up for this one? Does it fit like the model on context (the guy with the blankets)? I can't find fit pics anywhere other than Context and I don't like the fit on that guy. Please help!

No I didn't, but it fits pretty much the same as that model so it's pretty tight on me and I'd say I have a pretty small sized head. I like it, but I agree it does fit oddly on me was well. Honestly, I'd recommend looking elsewhere.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snake
No I didn't, but it fits pretty much the same as that model so it's pretty tight on me and I'd say I have a pretty small sized head. I like it, but I agree it does fit oddly on me was well. Honestly, I'd recommend looking elsewhere.

Ah that stinks as it looked nice. I appreciate the quick and honest feedback though. Thanks, man.

oshen

Reaction score
I just received my quilted chambray vest and it's fantastic! Sized down one as per Context's recommendation and the fit is spot on.

minya

Reaction score
if anyone has any sources for a quilted chambray vest in black in size S - please get in touch. I'd be most indebted.

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jhoo04
I've always found context's measurements to be very accurate.
+1. Context is one of the few vendors that I've consistently been able to reproduce their measurements. Roden Gray and Farinelli often provide different measurements which I cannot reproduce myself, while Blackbird's numbers are all over the place depending on whom you get to measure it. I suspect a lot of the differences has to do with how people smooth out the fabric before measuring it while not stretching the fabric either. With many fabrics it can be a bit subjective how to properly do this. I'm not sure who does it "textbook correct", but I've practiced doing measurements a lot and Context does it just like I do and they are very consistent.

wttm

Reaction score
Originally Posted by minya
if anyone has any sources for a quilted chambray vest in black in size S - please get in touch. I'd be most indebted.

Holy crap Minyas back.
Someone help the man out!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads