• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Why raw jeans

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ok seriously what the f*ck is going on here, it's like a joke no one else gets

banis

Reaction score
Soryy for my Russian.
eh.gif

Чувак, ты отжег здесь по полной программе.
Все тоже самое мог бы узнать и на русских форумах.
facepalm.gif

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by banis
Soryy for my Russian.
eh.gif

Чувак, ты отжег здесь по полной программе.
Все тоже самое мог бы узнать и на русских форумах.
facepalm.gif

плюс одно

Capable

Reaction score
I just re-read what I wrote and it was funny. Well, as a sort of excuse, I kind of remembered myself when I was thinking about dressing well in order to get respect of peers and attracting girls and how it all worked out later.

Right now, I still need garments because of the stereotypes associated with the way you dress, so I am thinking not to underdress and not to overdress, I want to be 'precisely dressed' with as wide a margin in perception as possible - so that it wouldn't be like I am well dressed only to those who know hot to tell japanese jeans from $30 jeans and to everyone else I look like an alien.

Sorry it took so long :)

My conclusion is that the advantage of raw denim is its correct fade which makes all the difference in how the jeans are perceived; they also better fit.

As to the Indian idea, the hassle of finding someone there who does the trick on the jeans and considering his different body shape, I can as well do it myself without such extremes - it seems that troubles I should go in order not to 'ruin' the jeans are overestimated - there is dry cleaning etc., so basically why not.

Prefades I ruled out as it is more or less easy to tell, unnatural addiction to making a perfect jean by going to extremes doesn't seem to make as much as a difference on the results, doesn't make sense either.

Provided the jeans are classics, provided they are denim blue, should look OK to almost anyone: cool to those in the know, acceptable to anyone and still looking civil enough to put you into some outcast style aficionado category.

$250 a pair - the target price range.

The brand tag I will remove myself. Thank you everyone, I did really acquire intelligence by unconventional means, or so it seems to me.

P.S. Just to let anyone interested in what a Russian would normally wear, it is more likely be some 'premium' denim brand, such as Diesel, CK or something, due to this fact... due to this fact such a fun can be observed - ?????!!!!!!! - that I will keep this point to compatriots in order not to slander the motherland's noble image overseas.

Let me just say that most of the compatriots are quite susceptible to certain brands superiority over the others ideas and perceived value of 'elitist fashion trends', while style advice they get from themselves or trust it to the skills of salesmen, usually both, which delivers bombastic results fast and sure...

That is why I am here reading and posting.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Holy mother of tit ******* jesus deer skin bull ******** christ. Can you not take a hint?

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
e.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads