• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Why do I still have belly fat?

Pete E

Reaction score
Thank you guys for all the information. I think the issue has to do more with my diet and possibly some minor medical condition (if it was major I'd probably know it already). Wouldn't pre-diabetes show on my blood test scores?
These past 2 months a completely cut down on unhealthy foods and I'd like to hear your feedback on my choices to see maybe if I'm doing something wrong.

I drink a lot of water
No sugars whatsoever (occasionally have a little honey)
I have oatmeal, flax-seed, raisins and almonds
No bread or pasta (just brown rice now and then).
No alcohol or soda drinks
I have a lot of vegetable juices
A lot of salads with homemade vinaigrette that consists only of water/olive oil/vinegar mixed with some spices and garlic (no dairy products in it or syrups)
I eat meat 3-4 times a week (mostly chicken)
I stay away from milk but have Greek yogurt, feta cheese (small amounts) and boiled eggs
I eat my food with a lot of hot spices
I have some fruit (not too much though- mostly bananas)
I have beans and lentils (sometimes canned beans)
I eat potatoes and pop corn
and last but not least I think, I find it very difficult to cut down on sodium (I have a lot of Himalayan salt with my food).

So what do you think?

Potato, pop corn, bananas, beans,oatmeal and brown rice are all good sources of carbs ie calories. Add to that the calories from cheese, boiled eggs (the yolks are quite high in fat) raisins and almonds and that is why you are having problems shifting your belly fat.

Personally I would start weight training to build up some muscle mass and then couple it with a Keto diet for a few weeks...

stylish_raven

Reaction score
hey guys let me post my best tips;
first, track your macros
second exercise strength training at least 3 times a week. start with fullbody workouts
third try to improve your sleep regimen. ingesting magnesium may help with that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads