• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

whnay.'s good taste thread

Stugotes

Reaction score

wink.gif

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I really like the suit, shirt, and tie together (although isn't that the Panta tie which is a linen blend? a little bit of an odd pairing for flannel but oh well) but I think the pocket square is a rare miss. Too bright for the rest of the outfit IMHO.

Thanks sugarbutch!

ragazzo, it's the picture and light that makes it look brighter than IRL - often a problem when I take pics of Drakes wool squares for some reason.

Here is the square - not bright

+1000. I have Drakes square in almost exactly the same colors, and it positively glows in some of the pictures I've taken of it.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The comments about tie length are funny but it really isn't that long, barely covers the buckle... As you can probably figure out (from the position vs the coat button), the angle is playing eye tricks here...

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The comments about tie length are funny but it really isn't that long, barely covers the buckle... As you can probably figure out (from the position vs the coat button), the angle is playing eye tricks here...

Gdl sprezzed out! Only one of the two top buttons done. Nicely done.

Last edited:

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL - completely unintentional

SHS

Reaction score

Ah yes, I see the angle now.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

yeah, it is inevitable when you lean even the slightest bit that the tie seems too long. i didnt even notice the illusion until people starting nit picking on it.

LOL - completely unintentional

i find that highly unlikely.

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Initially I thought Chan really got good at making a spalla camica shoulder. Then I noticed the shirt collar and now I think you went whole hog NSM. Resistance is futile, but to your credit, you held out for quite a bit.

emc894

Reaction score

Maybe this is some kind of juxtaposition statement with less formal suit and tie and very sharp ridiculous high collar, but it looks awful and insecurely begs for attention. That shirt is clearly meant for worsted (the collar meant for an ostrich). I dont think this would be considered good taste by any justifiable measure. It is the shirting equivalent of patent leather shoes with a flannel suit - yuck!

Last edited:

Jhors2

Reaction score

Initially I thought Chan really got good at making a spalla camica shoulder. Then I noticed the shirt collar and now I think you went whole hog NSM. Resistance is futile, but to your credit, you held out for quite a bit.

Stupid question, NSM??

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member