• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

white trousers belt and shoe pairing???

seamless74

Reaction score
with summer quickly approaching and shorts not allowed at work, ive decided to purchase several pair of lightweight jeans and trousers one of which is a pair of white cotton pants.. theyre levis look pretty cool and will fit spot on not too slim but definately straight.. at least some of the time i plan on pairing them with some nice slip on brown loafers with blue or navy tops..

anyway that brings me to my question,, i know when one throws white into the equation the rules can change a little bit.. I was watching not too long ago a comedy special with george carlin
back in his prime.. and while enjoying his comedy as always and appreciating his style which during his prime he did have one.. i noticed he was wearing white trousers navy form fitting v neck sweater brown loafers and to top it all of a BLACK BELT... i thought it looked perfect and did
make a certain statement and one that i hadnt really thought of before..

in other words what are you guys thoughts on belt and shoes matching when wearing white pants.. i know it might be hard to believe that one could go wrong with matching belts and shoes
however i think it looks kind of too i dont know contrived i liked the contrast and the statement. of the black belt with brown shoes and was amazed it looked i guess appropriate..

any thoughts??

bluemax

Reaction score
I would never wear a black belt or black shoes with white pants, but that's just me. I think any other combo, even mismatched colors, is better.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
A black belt is fine with white pants.

Nuff said

Reaction score
Mismatching black and brown is not something I'd do personally. I can't see how the combination you mention above wouldn't look better with brown shoes and brown belt.

I only wear black shoes or belt with white jeans when I go monochrome.

Mismatching shoes and belt might look ok with colours eg navy shoes & burgundy surcingle belt but you'd have to try it out at home first..

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Matching the [exact] color of your shoes to your belt is kind of silly. It looks a lot more...for lack of better word, elegant, to have a bit of contrast or colors that compliment one another and keep your look flowing and cohesive.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
Matching the [exact] color of your shoes to your belt is kind of silly. It looks a lot more...for lack of better word, elegant, to have a bit of contrast or colors that compliment one another and keep your look flowing and cohesive.

I'd be careful that the MC forum doesn't hear this.
tounge.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics