• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

white castle style burgers

Milhouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone a fan of burgers from white castle?

How about burger places that get recommended to you, but end up being white castle style burgers?

I'm not a fan.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In the South we have Krystal, which I believe is the same thing. They're one of my favorite guilty pleasure foods. I know they're disgusting, and there is no excuse for the fact that I enjoy them as much as I do, but I just can't help myself.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
White Castle is disgusting. The couple of times I have eaten anything from there I have felt sick afterwards.

Sliders, on the other hand, are great if made correctly. There is one place about 15 minutes from me called White Mana that is famous for their sliders.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big Punisher
Better than 5 Guys.

Not even in the same league. 5 guys is far superior in every way possible.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Milhouse
Anyone a fan of burgers from white castle?

How about burger places that get recommended to you, but end up being white castle style burgers?

I'm not a fan.

When I lived in White Castle land, nothing beat them for a late night drunken munch fest. Or when I was working the midnight shift, hard to beat them as breakfast on the start of your day off.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll admit... I get the CRAVE every now and then... and then I don't go back for a very long time... but they taste good. Then they slide
smile.gif

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Powers Hamburgers. I have eaten thousands of these. They are just as bad as White Castle but 100 times better. The onions carmelize nicely and the seasonings used are addictive.
20080826-powers-onions-burgers.jpg
20080826-powers-intro.jpg

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is that in Chicago?

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Powers is in Fort Wayne, IN. I grew up there. Its been around forever. W C is really bland compared to how much flavor these have. You cannot or at last should not get them to go. The stench from the burgers/onions will linger for 2 weeks if you have them in your car for 5 minutes. Their chili is pretty good too.
To get an idea of the size, those plates are between a saucer and salad plate size. The buns are smaller than my palm.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i like them. i make them at home in a steamer.

lilcram

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johnny_5
There is one place about 15 minutes from me called White Mana that is famous for their sliders.

White Mana RULES...They even made it on Diners , Drive-ins and Dives

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
i like them. i make them at home in a steamer.

Burger Paradise on FN showcased a place that steams their burgers. Won't knock it till I tried it, but it doesnt sound very tasty

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
polymshamy