• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which "sporty" fragrance?

nordicstyle

Reaction score
I'm looking for a "sporty"/"fresh"/"light" fragrance to wear during the daytime and/or when going out for a walk/run, going to the gym, etc. In other words, something casual but refreshing.

So far I have found the following:

Chanel Allure Sport
Diore Homme Sport
Versace pour Homme

But I can't decide which I like better.

Which would you recommend, and why? If you don't like any of the above, do you have something else to recommend?

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
If you're running or going to the gym, I'd recommend you wear nothing. Your scent will bloom as you perspire and you will either leave a vapor trail or gas out the gym.

Outside of that, try EL Beyond Paradise Men, or Chanel Platinum Egoiste.

nordicstyle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
If you're running or going to the gym, I'd recommend you wear nothing. Your scent will bloom as you perspire and you will either leave a vapor trail or gas out the gym.
That's a bit difficult as I wear fragrance when going to work and I usually go to the gym after work, without showering first. I have never had any problem with it though. It's not like I spray myself before going to the gym, but what I was trying to indicate is that I'm looking for a fragrance I can use in casual settings. I don't want to smell like I'm going to a party or on a date while at the gym (or at work or wherever).
smile.gif
Thanks. I will check them out.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nordicstyle
That's a bit difficult as I wear fragrance when going to work and I usually go to the gym after work, without showering first. I have never had any problem with it though. It's not like I spray myself before going to the gym, but what I was trying to indicate is that I'm looking for a fragrance I can use in casual settings. I don't want to smell like I'm going to a party or on a date while at the gym (or at work or wherever).
smile.gif

Oh, if it's post-work, odds are you're safe no matter what you wear - just go with what you like.

Also...if you're going for clean/sporty, try EL Pure White Linen. It's at the women's counter, but plenty good and unisex.

aleeboy

Reaction score

I highlighted the above coz it brings back this near orgasmic reaction I once saw a girl have when she caught a waff of this on my neck... I think this was the cause.

nordicstyle

Reaction score
I picked up the Chanel Egoiste and Chanel Egoiste Platinum the other day, and after trying them out I must say I'm very happy with both. I don't think the Platinum is as "strange" as some of you have suggested, but it's a nice everyday scent.

I have also experimented some more with the Allure Homme Sport, which I see some people have voted for, but in the end I just find it a bit boring. Think I will stick with the Versace pour Homme and Egoiste Platinum for Now. I also got the Dior Homme Sport for some variation.

Also, I'm looking for a good "citrus" scent for daytime wear. Does anyone have any suggestions there? Preferably not anything too common.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You may think I'm nuts, but get one of those 15 oz bottles of 4711 for about $10 from your drugstore. It doesn't last long AT ALL, but it's nice for gym wear and won't overpower. You can literally bathe yourself in it (Napolean did!) and it has a nice citrus note.

I often use that at the gym; something Chanel or Versace might knock down the poor guy next to you running on a treadmill.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Old Spice Fresh applied under my arms.

nordicstyle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
You may think I'm nuts, but get one of those 15 oz bottles of 4711 for about $10 from your drugstore. It doesn't last long AT ALL, but it's nice for gym wear and won't overpower. You can literally bathe yourself in it (Napolean did!) and it has a nice citrus note.

Sorry for sounding ignorant, but what is 4711? Don't think I have ever seen it in any store.

Originally Posted by rach2jlc
I often use that at the gym; something Chanel or Versace might knock down the poor guy next to you running on a treadmill.

Hehe. Yeah. As I mentioned earlier, I don't plan on applying the scent to go the gym, but rather going to the gym after a day at work wearing said scent, so hopefully I won't be knocking out anyone...
wink.gif

mtmindc

Reaction score
Used to wear Egoiste Platinum from 2005~07 but I feel it's too consistently sweet now. Recent scents I've encountered that are similar but better behaved (if that makes sense) would be Parfums 06130 Cedre and Divine L'homme de Coeur. I'm about ready to pull the trigger on the latter as my spring scent.

Casey

Reaction score
For citrus scents, I just tried Chanel Allure Home Edition Blanche and I find it pleasant without being overbearing. There's nothing special about it, though, it's just "nice" in my opinion.

For the past few weeks, though, I've been wearing Prada Infusion d'Homme and I think it's very clean smelling, and very light after a certain point. However, I think the general consensus on it is that it's very dry and hard for most people to bear at first. It's a difficult one to recommend since it's not what most people are accustomed to smelling, but it's probably one of the cheaper iris scents out there and and it's not that bad either.

agp

Reaction score
By no means is Versace L'Homme a sporty fragrance IMO.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads