• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where do I shop in Manhattan for these suit specifications?

Cassidy

Reaction score
Size 36 Short

Solid navy

2-Button or 3-Button (preferably relatively low cut if 3-Button)

Side Vents

Flat front pants

Relatively thin lapels

Preferably $900 or less, hard cap of 1.3k

Let me know if you have any suggestions.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Paul Stuart carries the widest range of sizes in better suits in NYC.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Welcome to Style Forum.

You might want to try FIH (Four In Hand)

The owner, Jonathon, posts here on SF and is known for stellar service.

He also specializes in smaller sizes and has size 34 and 36 suits. He might have what you want or can probably set you in the right direction.

Here's a link to his website Here

kbuzz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
Paul Stuart carries the widest range of sizes in better suits in NYC.

agree one hundred percent but i dont think you will get narrow lapels at ps....but its worth a look...beware the hard sell salesman on the 2nd floor

Cassidy

Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendations and the welcome, too. I've learned a lot by trolling through threads here the past few days.

Another friend recommended Paul Stuart as well, but wasn't sure if I'd be able to find flat front pants (his exact words: "it's a bit of an old man store"). Narrow lapels is my lowest priority of the items listed.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah, I would second that recommendation for paul stuart. you won't need to go anywhere else, actually-- they have a range of suits at two or three different price points. i like paul stuart better than any other store in chicago, for example-- it's just that i am sticking to three or four brands of suits/ shoes/ ties these days and haven't deviated from them.

hopefully, you will find a well dressed, knowledgeable sales representative at the store to help you as well-- you should have a much better chance of finding one at paul stuart!

Panzeraxe II

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cassidy
Size 36 Short

Solid navy

2-Button or 3-Button (preferably relatively low cut if 3-Button)

Side Vents

Flat front pants

Relatively thin lapels

Preferably $900 or less, hard cap of 1.3k

Let me know if you have any suggestions.

If time is not an issue, try Mr. Ned - should be $800 with a wait of 8 weeks

Cassidy

Reaction score
What is Mr. Ned? Time is an issue for the first suit.

Will Paul Stuart have flat front pants?

pfr0g

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cassidy
What is Mr. Ned? Time is an issue for the first suit. Will Paul Stuart have flat front pants?
Yes, Paul Stuart has many suits with flat front pants. It is not an "old man" store but rather a classic and elegant haberdashery, imho. You are going for a suit anyway not heavily distressed jeans after all. You could try Polo Black/Blue label at your price point. I have seen some of those have have narrow lapels.

alebrady

Reaction score
are the suits at paul stuart generally cut on the trimmer side with relatively high armholes. i like some of the polo suits but their armholes are ridiculously large

Cassidy

Reaction score
Yeah, that's right pfr0g. I had a Dolce and Gabbana suit that fit perfectly (except I think it was ~1.4k), but worried it was too flashy for a lowly first year worker.

BrianVarick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thick as Thieves might make what you're looking for, I'm not sure where they're located though.

pfr0g

Reaction score
Originally Posted by alebrady
are the suits at paul stuart generally cut on the trimmer side with relatively high armholes. i like some of the polo suits but their armholes are ridiculously large

Depends on the suit, Paul Stuart has various sources for their suits. The Gianluca Napoli for PS and Isaia for PS I have are cut slim with relatively high armholes. I got them both tailored anyway and do not recall how much was taken in honestly. I will say that I have found some of their pants to be cut full through the leg. I had them altered quite a bit on the Gianluca for PS suit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads