• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

When is the Next Ralph Lauren Sale?

Dmanf51

Reaction score

Also, sidenote.. never though I'd see such strong discounts on RL like this (I've been buying since 2009). Whats happened?
Also, seeing Purple Label sold at retailers such as Barneys. Interesting 

BL and PL have now merged which is why the discounts on BL have been so great this season. Barneys is likely carrying the now entry level PL which was formerly the BL Anthony cut. Price has increased with the new label but apparently the fabrics are higher quality, otherwise it is the same cut Anthony. The more expensive handmade and MTM exists but I believe it's still exclusive to RL stores.

RLX009

Reaction score
From what I understand, there's blue label, black, and purple. So BL means black? PL means purple? Btw sale was legit on ties, picked up 5 for the price of 1.5. :foo:

Dmanf51

Reaction score
From what I understand, there's blue label, black, and purple. So BL means black? PL means purple? Btw sale was legit on ties, picked up 5 for the price of 1.5.
foo.gif

Thats correct, blue label is Polo and BL (black label) is discontinued

Bexcellence

Reaction score
Last edited:

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

did this used to be a Black Label dress shirt? 

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/...12&ab=ln_men_cs_dressshirts&parentPage=family

and this a Black Label suit?

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=83760546

Another example, stitching says RLPL, but item description says RLBL

http://www.barneys.com/ralph-lauren-purple-label-twill-two-button-anthony-suit-504406973.html

I don't recall RLPL price ranges being this "low"

Yup, these are all examples of Black being folded into Purple. And an example of the web dept at a department store being as confused by the whole thing as anyone who doesn't work for RL nor follow such on an internet blog...

xltros

Reaction score

BL and PL have now merged which is why the discounts on BL have been so great this season. Barneys is likely carrying the now entry level PL which was formerly the BL Anthony cut. Price has increased with the new label but apparently the fabrics are higher quality, otherwise it is the same cut Anthony. The more expensive handmade and MTM exists but I believe it's still exclusive to RL stores.

Anyone have a general idea of how much of a discount it is on the black label items in store?

I'm looking for a suit and want an idea of what to expect. Right now online it's about 50% with the feb discount it's down an additional 25%, can store prices beat that?

spiktakula

Reaction score
Most of the marked sale items on Blue label, Purple and Black are 50 percent off sale price which is way better than online, RRL is 30 off in stores

xltros

Reaction score

Most of the marked sale items on Blue label, Purple and Black are 50 percent off sale price which is way better than online, RRL is 30 off in stores

Online is 50%+ off and they have a discount code for 25% more off. Doesn't seem way better

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Which RL stores still have items on sale? I called Madison and they said nothing on sale anymore.

Specifically looking for RLPL ties.

mrrich

Reaction score
Was just at Madison, they have limited PRL ties on sale and a scattering of RLBL left but most of the 'flagship stores' have cleared out their sales items, especially PLRL. That leaves the secondary dedicated Ralph Lauren stores (not Polo), for example RL on Newbury St in Boston, MA or the one on Northern Boulevard in Manhasset, NY.

You might be best off checking eBay as many of the best sales stuff has been aggregated there with a nominal mark-up. Happy hunting!

spiktakula

Reaction score
In stores all the black label is marked red to the same price as marked online, plus 50% off of that, purchased a tux for 425 at the mansion last week

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads