• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

When is the Next Ralph Lauren Sale?

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Annoying that RL has a certain set of prices for their "early access" to Private Sale, and then now advertises "additional 15% off sale price!" but then increased their "sale prices" so that the 15% off brings them back to almost exactly what the "early access" pricing was.

I know this is a very common practice, it's just annoying and it feels like the company/companies think we're idiots.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Annoying that RL has a certain set of prices for their "early access" to Private Sale, and then now advertises "additional 15% off sale price!" but then increased their "sale prices" so that the 15% off brings them back to almost exactly what the "early access" pricing was.

I know this is a very common practice, it's just annoying and it feels like the company/companies think we're idiots.

The problem is, most people do fall for this and it does work.

Wasn't it JC Penny who was completely unsuccessful for selling things at a normal every day average price with no sales at what most of their sales would have end up costing. People like to see and feel they are getting something for less. The word sale makes people feel good, the word sale makes people want to buy more. Use the word sale and most will fall for it over and over and over again.

Part of the problem is that most don't track the actual cost difference on some of these items like you have. They're not seeing the non difference in actual cost from one day to the next. They may have only seen the advertisement for this particular sale.

I only have one word for you and its called SALE.

Just think Joseph A Banks. Odd however this weekend they are actually having their last buy one get three free SALE.

Last edited:

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The problem is, most people do fall for this and it does work.

Wasn't it JC Penny who was completely unsuccessful for selling things at a normal every day average price with no sales at what most of their sales would have end up costing. People like to see and feel they are getting something for less. The word sale makes people feel good, the word sale makes people want to buy more. Use the word sale and most will fall for it over and over and over again.

Part of the problem is that most don't track the actual cost difference on some of these items like you have. They're not seeing the non difference in actual cost from one day to the next. They may have only seen the advertisement for this particular sale.

I only have one word for you and its called SALE.

Just think Joseph A Banks. Odd however this weekend they are actually having their last buy one get three free SALE.

Agreed. I actually had 4 or 5 tabs open in Chrome from ~3 days ago, all items I was considering from the Private Sale. This morning I saw the main page had the sale "public" with the addition of 15% off. I refreshed each individual tab and watched the price jump as soon as it loaded - it was kind of funny, in a depressing way.

Vigilant

Reaction score
Anyone know if RL does the in store markdowns right after Christmas, or is it later? I can't recall....

Vigilant

Reaction score
anyone popped in store lately? I believe the current online sale is slated to go until 1/14, but not sure what's happening in the stores. I'll try to get into the Chicago store sometime this week and report back.

Hoping to catch some steep discounts on suits.

letsgofire

Reaction score
anyone popped in store lately? I believe the current online sale is slated to go until 1/14, but not sure what's happening in the stores. I'll try to get into the Chicago store sometime this week and report back.

Hoping to catch some steep discounts on suits.
At the Chicago store, there are a lot of Purple and Black Label items that have marked down prices, probably around 60% I'd say. Some of the Polo items are cheaper in store than on the website. I got a cashmere cable knit sweater for 200 USD instead of the 280 the website is currently charging. Unclear to me if there is an additional sale coming after the 14th.

Worth a visit for sure.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So is there an expected sale on the 14th? I went to the Mansion yesterday and they had a few stuff on sale but only about 50% although some RLBL were on sale. I was hoping to catch mroe around 75% :)

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Can somebody share contact deetz for an RL associate they've dealt with in the past? Want to inquire about some items.

GuidoTheKillerPimp

Reaction score
Shawn Young at RL Beverly Hills - knowledgeable and friendly. I've misplaced his card so I don't have his direct number. The store phone number is (310) 281-7200.

Bexcellence

Reaction score
Which RL store generally would offer better tailoring for a RLBL suit? SoHo or the Mansion?

Also, sidenote.. never though I'd see such strong discounts on RL like this (I've been buying since 2009). Whats happened?

Also, seeing Purple Label sold at retailers such as Barneys. Interesting

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member