• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

macjedi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I currently don't own a navy blue SC and this is the only one I can find withen my $500 dollar budget(open to recommendations). Do you wear this SC with a standard tie width or a skinny tie(less than 3") tie based on the lapels of this SC?

All my ties are 3" to 3.25" and IMO work well with the Regent and Fitz. I wouldn't go any wider and don't like the look of anything skinnier.

I second Stevent's recommendation. Epaulet is a great option. The Caine Navy Hopsack would be my choice if fit me off the rack. It's got a nice material. Great lightweight 3/8 lining and excellent construction. Great QPR for $650. I would have gone made to order on this, but I really wanted a super lightweight blazer. I ended up pulling the trigger on the Howard Yount Summer Blazer ($549). It's definitely more of a summer blazer and the VBC fabric is awesome. I wore it yesterday and it was in the 80's and I didn't break a sweat. Highly recommended, but definitely not for year around in RI.

Get an epaulet one for a tiny bit more

+1. I ordered a stock Napoli Hopsack, very nice, but had to return cause it was a bit big and a bit heavier material than I was looking for. I'll have to MTO next time, but instead of the Napoli I'm going to do a Caine and in a more "fun" fabric. EP is great!

TM79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There won't ever be such a thing as a proper year round jacket in RI unless you want to sweat your ass off in July or shiver in January.

Epaulet/Southwick is indeed better than this Regent and only $150 higher - a well spent $150.

I also own a navy hopsack and it's simply too hot for summer months.

Last edited:

fathergll

Reaction score
http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Shear...l?dwvar_633H_Color=TAN&contentpos=7&cgid=0494

Any thoughts on Shearling Boot? $400 ....seems high for a sale, then again I don't know much about them.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I feel like the only MC wear worth buying at Brooks Brothers now are pants and select pair of shoes (Peal, which are overpriced compared to regular C&J and AS)

Shirts, especially button downs, aren't worth it: get Kamakura instead.
Suits and SC's - go to Suit Supply for slimmer,darted ones
Ties, Belts, Socks: meh, better deals elsewhere

Mr Engineer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel like the only MC wear worth buying at Brooks Brothers now are pants and select pair of shoes (Peal, which are overpriced compared to regular C&J and AS)

I agree with you 100%. I plan on ordering a couple Kamakura shirts soon.They have great quality spread collar and cutaway collars at a solid price.Brooks brother cutaway shirts are highly priced.

Suit Supply is my go to SC and suit website.Great quality for the price and super fast delivery. I can't find a place that has more variety in SC and suits then Suit Supply

The rest I always get elsewhere

msulinski

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am curious why you think Peal are overpriced compared to regular C&J. The ones I have seen are the same price as C&J benchgrade, yet most seem to think the Peals made by C&J fall somewhere in between bench grade and hand grade.

katch

Reaction score

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^
They reduce clearance items down to 60% for a couple of days, at least they did last year.

I'm looking at some chinos currently in their clearance section, a little too high still at $88...

musicmax

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I have a Kamakura slim fit in a pattern and the darts in the back are a bit odd, especially for wearing without a jacket. Great quality but just wanted to point that out. May be less of an issue on a white OCBD.

katch

Reaction score
^
They reduce clearance items down to 60% for a couple of days, at least they did last year.

I'm looking at some chinos currently in their clearance section, a little too high still at $88...

Is there any schedule to the 60% reduction?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads