• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dasai

Reaction score

dasai

Reaction score
Agh, double post.

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ makes sense. im assuming a majority of shoe sales are during sales. not much of a margin for shoes, especially at 40% off

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Many of the Peal models are nice, but I don't think they are a value at $500+, particularly when you can get shell cordovan Aldens for the same money.

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Need a suit to buy for a wedding I need to attend in March.

What are some of my options (6'0 - 160 lbs) so looking for a modern slim fit without of course sticking out. Milano suit? Something in grey/charcoal?

Also want to keep it low on budget. Please guys help me out.

Last edited:

gauchogolfer

Reaction score
I did pretty well with my last BB purchase, got 2 1818 Milanos that were on the sale rack for $500 each, during their last "spend $800, get $200 discount". It ended up being very good value, I think.

urfloormatt

Reaction score
everyone does not raise them three times in one year however.
nest.gif

If you have primarily been buying clothing since 2008, you have been living in a fantasy world. Deep discounts, reduced prices, razor-thin margins. There once was a time when Brooks Brothers did not offer an everyday value on its dress shirts of "3 for $???" And even when they did, before 2008, they were not for $199. The price increases in the last year reflect a gradual return to normalcy.

Last edited:

CYstyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A milano suit for 400 is a good deal I think. sure, you can get full canvas suits for that much but good luck finding ones that will fit you in a decent fabric for that low. I got a winter weight milano in a brown windowpane, I love it!

+1

If someone has plenty of suits and time AND understanding of fits/measurements, the BS forum or sniping deals on ebay can get you great deals.

But $400 for a readily available half canvas with decent fabric is a good deal for most people. I'd pick up several if there were my size and I didn't have so many suits

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If you have primarily been buying clothing since 2008, you have been living in a fantasy world.  Deep discounts, reduced prices, razor-thin margins.  There once was a time when Brooks Brothers did not offer an everyday value on its dress shirts of "3 for $???"  And even when they did, before 2008, they were not for $199.  The price increases in the last year reflect a gradual return to normalcy.

i don't think so... especially with their goods not being of that high quality. they are decent but as of now. very overpriced.

i don't think $90 a shirt from BB is a fair normal price at all.... I think $60 is more in line with the market. Also if what you say is true why have the regular finish shirts not yet seen a price increase over the three price increases in one year?

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i don't think so... especially with their goods not being of that high quality. they are decent but as of now. very overpriced.
i don't think $90 a shirt from BB is a fair normal price at all.... I think $60 is more in line with the market. Also if what you say is true why have the regular finish shirts not yet seen a price increase over the three price increases in one year?

I'm curious. What shirt with a retail of $60 do you consider to be equivalent to BB's made in USA Supima oxford cloth button down?

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
im sorry i was referring to their outrageously expensive non iron shirts....

I do like the oxfords :)

also the oxford are 79 which i think is a good deal. Unless they raised the prices with the last price hike.

Last edited:

ethan

Reaction score

I'm curious. What shirt with a retail of $60 do you consider to be equivalent to BB's made in USA Supima oxford cloth button down?

Have you tried Nordstrom trim dress shirt for $65 and Calibrate trim shirt for $60 at nordstrom? BB dress shirts are way overpriced and their cuff dress (non iron and classic) shirts are super thin. IMO, their cuff dress shirts felt cheaper than the one they sell at Walmart.

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would like to get my milano chinos hemmed and also have my extra slim shirts tailored. I purchased these on Boxing Day. Can I still get them tailored at Brooks Brothers? Free of charge? How does this work? Do I need to show a receipt too?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads