• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
One thing I do know is that the complimentary shipping goes away after Xmas. So when when you buy your item at 15% or 20% off, you're going to bay $16ish for shopping.

Meursault-

Reaction score
Is there some additional after-Christmas clearance discounting? 30% off blazers makes me wish I wouldn't have waited...

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Of course they'll be discounted more but the likelyhood of your size being available diminishes with each passing date. Especially if you're a 38-42

45elkton

Reaction score
Can anyone speak to the quality of the overcoats sold at the outlet stores?

I see the Wool and Cashmere Classic Overcoat and the Mason Wool Overcoat will be on sale for $559 at the regular store. Do you guys think I can get something comparable on sale at another retailer?

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need dress shirts, please do better than $159/3

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was in placing my order today, and my SA said the inventory is as low as he has ever seen it. Says there will not be much left for post-Christmas shopping. He also said he did not yet know if there would be an additional 15% off discount on the morning of the 26th.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need dress shirts, please do better than $159/3

It's 40% off if you buy 4 ($211). If they do the additional 15% off, that would knock it down to $179 for four. Not much in stock in my size, though, so I just ended up getting staples (white shirts and blue shirts).

johnnyletrois

Reaction score

I was in placing my order today, and my SA said the inventory is as low as he has ever seen it.  Says there will not be much left for post-Christmas shopping.  He also said he did not yet know if there would be an additional 15% off discount on the morning of the 26th.

SA told me this afternoon that there would be an additional 20% off the morning of the 26th only.

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I phone in to an SA now, what are the chances that he/she would hold it an item for me and make the order on Christmas?

Last edited:

CYstyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If I phone in to an SA now, what are the chances that he/she would hold it an item for me and make the order on Christmas?

Give them your credit card info and they'll presell it for you. meaning they'll hold until the morning of the sale and ring up everything then.

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can anyone speak to the quality of the overcoats sold at the outlet stores?
I see the Wool and Cashmere Classic Overcoat and the Mason Wool Overcoat will be on sale for $559 at the regular store. Do you guys think I can get something comparable on sale at another retailer?
if labeled as 346 from outlet, take a pass. Save your money and buy from retail. good luck

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Give them your credit card info and they'll presell it for you. meaning they'll hold until the morning of the sale and ring up everything then.
+1. do it now supplies/size are still available.

Philip

Reaction score
okay brooks brothers is being a major ******. MY gf made an order for me worth USD$712 (incl fedex intl shipping), this was when BBBF was 40% off (and it still is) and the extra 15% off at checkout (which it is no more right now). YEsterday they took the money out of her account (after a order confirmation a week ago or something), only this time they took out a whopping AUD$778.

GF tells me BB told them that this is because of the exchange rate, but no ******* way it is because the Aussie dollar is beating the greenback and has been for some time.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

okay brooks brothers is being a major ******. MY gf made an order for me worth USD$712 (incl fedex intl shipping), this was when BBBF was 40% off (and it still is) and the extra 15% off at checkout (which it is no more right now). YEsterday they took the money out of her account (after a order confirmation a week ago or something), only this time they took out a whopping AUD$778.
GF tells me BB told them that this is because of the exchange rate, but no ******* way it is because the Aussie dollar is beating the greenback and has been for some time.

May have something to do with exchange rate fees with your bank/credit card used. I don't know what the fee is in Australia but in the US banks and credit card companies usually around 3% of your purchase (after FX rates are taken into account).

Gauss17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My SA at the San Francisco store told me that the discount will be an additional 20%.
AHS

My SA has told me they have heard the same rumor (20%), but it is supposedly all day on the 26th, not just the morning.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads