• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's the deal with this guy in the bathroom? (Public Bathroom Etiquette)

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This afternoon I was in the Delancey St. subway station and decided to use their bathroom next to the F platform (I know). I went in and peed at the urinal while some homeless guy was in the stall, probably doing drugs. It smelled like dead livestock inside, but for some reason I felt like I should flush the urinal after peeing to sort of start the process of hygiene, hoping some good karma would bring cleanliness to the rest of the bathroom. Bad, bad idea. Water came oozing out of the urinal (which was already full of piss when I started going). I flooded the entire bathroom floor in about four seconds, and immediately ran out as soon as the guy in the stall started hollering when piss and water invaded his stall. Yikes.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Need to bump this thread.

So I'm at a new company and that of course means new bathrooms. So I just had a lengthy discussion with some of the guys about the bathrooms at said company.

Very poor design. The main flaw is the floor material. Shiny white marble for most of it, then lines of shiny black marble between the stalls. Well that black marble is basically a mirror and it means that you can quite literally stare into the eyes of the person in the stall next to you. As a result, nobody uses the middle stall. Who the **** thought that mirror like material would be the best bet as a material between the stalls???

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Perhaps the original finish was much more matte, but some corporate cleaning service gave it their standard full polish and glossy sealant treatment?

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I read up to page 20 something.. (oh god, why?) then started to get distracted by something outside.

Did the Bathroom Bandit get caught?

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

slyguyWT2

Reaction score
So I read up to page 20 something.. (oh god, why?) then started to get distracted by something outside.

Did the Bathroom Bandit get caught?

Maybe. You must continue forward to find out. The only way out is in.

Patrick, I think you should kill this man.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So just moments ago I'm using a public mens room stall in my office building, and what happens? Someone walks in to the restroom and presumably walks toward one of the urinals (in front of my stall). Well before he does so, he knocks on my stall door and asks "hey dude are you okay?" He had no reason to ask this as I was silent, and because he had just walked in couldn't have observed or heard anything strange. I stay silent. He asks again, "you okay, dude?". Finally I say, "excuse me?" and he finally explains he's an "EMT" and had once helped a guy having a heart attack in a bathroom stall. He adds that since that episode he always checks on people in bathroom stalls. After his explanation and my silence, he proceeds to do his business (presumably), washes his hands (presumably), and exits.

o_O

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
...he finally explains he's an "EMT" and had once helped a guy having a heart attack in a bathroom stall. He adds that since that episode he always checks on people in bathroom stalls.

EMT or not, I'm surprised someone hasn't forcibly corrected his neurotic behavior.

Forum Troll

Reaction score
My employer had two separate bathrooms for men and women. Only two women work in the wing of the building I work in, and around 40 men work there. The state law required the company to make the bathrooms accessible to all genders. Our director told the two women he encouraged the men in the wing to avoid using the bathroom that had been previously the women's room, unless it was a real emergency like diarrhea or vomiting. Deer in headlights looks from the ladies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads