• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What would you do if you won the lottery?

horndog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At first I'd go buy a Ferrari 599 and a nice, small house in western Virginia near skyline drive. I'd quit my job and finish a book I'm slowly writing.

Then I'd spend an entire winter skiing at a handful of places out west and maybe check out Alps skiing, and then once spring hits I'd go and get the travel bug out of my system. All of Europe, select places in Asia, Africa, and definitely the South Pacific.

When I'm ready to settle down into a worthwhile, lifelong goal I'd do my best to get man into space again. I think I'd die happy if I looked back onto a life where I actually helped mankind get to the next "step". Would probably involve starting a business in the aerospace industry with super nerds bent on designing next-gen propulsion systems and space-time warping sci-fi ****. Give me the stars over the Earth any day.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd get Ricky from Jantzen to make me a shirt from all his fabric.

cadillac37

Reaction score
I'd buy 2-3 vintage Aston Martins, have some Kilgour suits made, finish my PhD, and settle down at some think tank and write about foreign policy for the rest of my days.

Dedalus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would hire Daft Punk to play a private party for me and everyone I have ever known.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
buy 3-4 reasonably small apartments in a few cities around the world, and a small house in the town where I live. invest maybe 5-10 mil in a very stable portfolio. put 3 mil in trust for each of my kids, not to be touched until they are adults, probrably then only in stages. about 1 mil in art.
give 1 mil each to my siblings, and give my parents some to make their lives more comfortable

put 25 mil in a family charitable trust, and have my wife run it, and make it a possible career choice for one of my kids.

I probrably wouldn't change my life much - maybe bleed off a chunk for a few good vacations every year, maybe retire 5 years earlier than planned. maybe have a few nice parties every year.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I would travel exotic lands with a retinue of servants: barbers, tailors, cooks, cobblers, etc. They would carry me in a litter. I'd also have a stagecoach.

If I won that money tomorrow, I would definitely spend a few months traveling Europe. Next, I'd come back to the U.S. and buy some properties: a place in NYC, maybe, and a few acres in Livingston, Montana. I'd find a leisurely job and then just chill.

Nahmeanz

Reaction score
If I won 50 million, I would be thinking of a way to get it back to the 100+ million it was before the lump sum fee and taxes. Then I'd take that 100+ million and try to turn it into a billion...

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nahmeanz
If I won 50 million, I would be thinking of a way to get it back to the 100+ million it was before the lump sum fee and taxes. Then I'd take that 100+ million and try to turn it into a million...

FFY.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dedalus
I would hire Daft Punk to play a private party for me and everyone I have ever known.

LCD Soundsystem already did this.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1) Call my father and tell him to quit his job.

2) Buy apartment I want in Cleveland.

3) Visit Aston dealership.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love Cleveland.

I would move there if I could. With $50MM I could have far more grandiose dreams, but in such a situation I think I would do the more practical and realistic things that have always been dear to me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads