• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Finished "River" last night. I feel sorry for his new partner and his wife.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Seldom seen episode of The Twilight Zone.

1964's "An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge"

Serling's opening:

Quote:
0.jpg

lefty

Last edited:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Finished up Better Call Saul this weekend on Netflix. The Mike centric episode about the dirty cops is up there with the best of Breaking Bad's run. I knew the show would be good going into it, but it still surprised me how well it all came together.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Finished up Better Call Saul this weekend on Netflix. The Mike centric episode about the dirty cops is up there with the best of Breaking Bad's run. I knew the show would be good going into it, but it still surprised me how well it all came together.

It was really, really good.

So looking forward to S02.

Not sure how much I said of this already, but:
New season of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia is one of the best. Great stuff.
Blacklist is still good entertainment. Love James Spader since Boston Legal.
The Magicians is pretty weak.
The Shananananarahsomething Chronicles is just ok.
Billions is pretty great. Really strong cast.
New season of Shameless is still pretty great.
New season of Suits is same old, same old. Decent entertainment.
Lucifer is surprisingly good. Looking forward to the next episodes.
Lucky Man is alright. Decent cast, somewhat interesting story (edit: no, **** that. the story is weak as **** and barely entertaining.) Prolly gonna skip it after the next few episodes.
Second Chance is just ok entertainment.

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Been watching some Mozart Jungle. It's not bad.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Binged Mad Dogs on Amazon this week. It sucked me in from ep #1 and leaves you with a good cliffhanger at the end of #10. I hope that means additional seasons to come. Based off a UK show.

They call it a black comedy but it leans toward drama to me. I absolutely loved it. I rarely watch than 2 episodes of anything consecutively and I watched this over two evenings.

I'm really enjoying this. It's a very strange show in the sense that the show tries to take itself seriously, but there is a lot of over the top 80's style cheese. That's not a criticism at all. It's a very fun show.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

S01 of The Expanse is also a good watch.

I finished episode 7 last night. I'm a fan, but then again I also really enjoy the book series the show is based on. Probably some of my favorite space opera of recent memory.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'm really enjoying this. It's a very strange show in the sense that the show tries to take itself seriously, but there is a lot of over the top 80's style cheese. That's not a criticism at all. It's a very fun show.

I just caught a couple of episodes. I agree it's a very good show. A lot of fun and still pretty dramatic (nothing serious though). I think the cat guy would make a great halloween costume (hope I remember)

audiophilia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Brilliant Danish political drama inline with other great political dramas like House of Cards (Netflix version) and First Among Equals (BBC).

Acting is superb and everything unfolds beautifully. Nice to see another democracy with its own idiosyncracies at work.

Unlike The Bridge, where the script was far less wordy, the Danish subtitles in Borgen will keep you on your toes. But the Danish is the only way to go.

Last edited:

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I'll check out that. Really enjoyed the American and UK House of Cards.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Anyone catch Vinyl's premier?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads