• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Thanks John Elliott!

Styleforum was one of the first digital communities to embrace John Elliott, and in recognition of that, John Elliott has extended to our comunuty a monthly discount to fans of the brand who engage here. Simply enter the code for SF-OCT-15

Check out all of their new arrivals here

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately?

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I enjoyed Bad Monkey. I was a big fan of Carl Hiaasen's first few books and I thought the characters and wacky/serious plot lines particularly Vince Vaughn really captured his style.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So far, this show is exceeding my expectations.
Yeah same here I was dragging my feet expecting the exploding buildings and speeding cars crap that bores the hell out of me in the usual Batman fare. Wife talked me into it happily.

Last edited:

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Slow Horses turned out to be pretty great this season. I watched weekly (which I've finally decided ain't my thing) and felt like the plot ebbed a bit too much in the middle episodes but came back for a remarkably strong finish in the last two, especially the finale. I think a binge watch would've saved that feeling. I hope to develop the discipline to wait until the next season is over before I mainline it.
Agree completely.

Apple killing it lately. Enjoyed Bad Monkey too.
So far, this show is exceeding my expectations.

I'm trying to hold off until I can binge it. Glad to hear people are liking it.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Finally saw the season finale of Slow Horses. As said previously by others- well done. I'm glad I managed to talk my wife into watching it, though she normally dislikes watching shows I've already seen. But I had forgotten so much about earlier seasons, it was just as much fun to see it a second time. Then it was nice to have someone else to talk about episodes with for the new season. Now we're both really looking forward to S5.

Next up is watching the final episode of Bad Monkey. We've been enjoying that one a lot, too.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally saw the season finale of Slow Horses. As said previously by others- well done. I'm glad I managed to talk my wife into watching it, though she normally dislikes watching shows I've already seen. But I had forgotten so much about earlier seasons, it was just as much fun to see it a second time. Then it was nice to have someone else to talk about episodes with for the new season. Now we're both really looking forward to S5.

Next up is watching the final episode of Bad Monkey. We've been enjoying that one a lot, too.
I rewatched Slow Horses with my wife before last season. Like you, I loved it as much the second time around.

I'm always crushed when the season (seemingly) ends so quickly, but it just shows how concise and well written the seasons/episodes are. I can usually find an episode or two in a series that drags a bit or doesn't move the story forward as much as I'd like but can't say the same about Slow Horses.

Also, the way they immediately tease you with "Next Season" is brilliant. They've mastered the shooting/release schedule and the fact that they don't drop the entire season keeps me continually subscribed.

So impressed with how quickly new characters are introduced and immediately ingratiate themselves into the universe. I honestly had my doubts about JK Coe (had to look up his character's name) but he turned out to be fantastic! The fact that he didn't have a word of dialogue for like five episodes really sets the stage for his eventual contribution. Just so well done.

Shame about Longridge but glad his family will get the full ten years of salary tax free...no thanks to Taverner. He and Shirly were a great pairing.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I rewatched Slow Horses with my wife before last season. Like you, I loved it as much the second time around.

I'm always crushed when the season (seemingly) ends so quickly, but it just shows how concise and well written the seasons/episodes are. I can usually find an episode or two in a series that drags a bit or doesn't move the story forward as much as I'd like but can't say the same about Slow Horses.

Also, the way they immediately tease you with "Next Season" is brilliant. They've mastered the shooting/release schedule and the fact that they don't drop the entire season keeps me continually subscribed.

So impressed with how quickly new characters are introduced and immediately ingratiate themselves into the universe. I honestly had my doubts about JK Coe (had to look up his character's name) but he turned out to be fantastic! The fact that he didn't have a word of dialogue for like five episodes really sets the stage for his eventual contribution. Just so well done.

Shame about Longridge but glad his family will get the full ten years of salary tax free...no thanks to Taverner. He and Shirly were a great pairing.
Yeah, it's the sign of a great show...
I have shows I like fairly well, and sometimes I'll look at the scroll bar and I'm like, there's still a half hour left??
With Slow Horses, it's over in a blink, and I'm sad.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you as sad as when Galahad/First Desk helped the Cylons nearly wipe out humanity?
Lol...

Man, it sounds like I need to do a complete re-watch. It was so long ago.
I just remember being in my bubble bath watching Starbuck drink space liquor and win at space poker.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am all in on Industry. I’d never heard of it until S3 dropped. Took a while to get through the first two seasons. Halfway into the first episode of S3 and I’m watching Yasmin blow rails with Ken Leung. The way they immediately connected and started solving the world’s problems is too funny.

This is far from Tier 1 TV but im enjoying it nonetheless. I’m moving to London!!

Edit: Well two minutes later and that took a dark turn.

Last edited:

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This, all of this and more, every season is so good. Agreed on intros of new characters and how they get integrated.

Hugo weaving this season was amazing.

Now looking forward to the next season!

Just finished Perfect Couple (Netflix). Lots of twists and turns. Enjoyed it.

Wife and I are working our way through it, enjoying it so far.

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
strix