• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately?

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm rewatching Party Down, just because it's been a while. Damn, that show is hilarious.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We don't watch a lot of television but this past fall we started watching (for the first time) Mad Men. Better late than never, I suppose. We are currently at episode 10 of season 1.

I have a question for those who know it. Is there one likable character? Perhaps Draper's secretary Peggy ... and even she seems a tad odd. This series is littered with assh*les.

I note that in the opening credits one person is shown falling from a building. I find myself hoping it might be any one of a number of the characters.

Last edited:

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We don't watch a lot of television but this past fall we started watching (for the first time) Mad Men. Better late than never, I suppose. We are currently at episode 10 of season 1.

I have a question for those who know it. Is there one likable character? Perhaps Draper's secretary Peggy ... and even she seems a tad odd. This series is littered with assh*les.

I note that in the opening credits one person is shown falling from a building. I find myself hoping it might be any one of a number of the characters.
Maybe some of the minor black characters who are just fillers. In terms of main characters, they're all a-holes.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The guy falling seems to be Don, no? As for likeable characters, maybe Lane Pryce? (Played by Jared Harris.)

Either way, Mad Men was great - only real problem I had was the length. It kept me entertained throughout, but if it had been half or a third of the length I'd probably rewatched it by now. At 7 seasons and 92 episodes that's likely to never happen...

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks, fellows, for the thoughts on Mad Men.

Kaplan, I'll keep a watch out for Lane Pryce. I'm still in the first year.

Given the number of episodes, this is going to go on for a LONG while.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mad Men is the best regarded shittiest show ever made.

If you want to commit to something with excellent writing, you're better off with Breaking Bad.

If you're nostalgic for the 60s/70s rewatch Mary Tyler Moore.

lefty

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mad Men is the best regarded shittiest show ever made.

If you want to commit to something with excellent writing, you're better off with Breaking Bad.

If you're nostalgic for the 60s/70s rewatch Mary Tyler Moore.

lefty
And Breaking Bad comes with Better Call Saul, which is just as good.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Christ, you're making me recall how ****** MM was. Like when they wrote themselves into a corner and created too many characters, so just had the actors they wanted to keep ransack the old agency and start a new one.

Gilligan knew where WW was going and the last two episodes of BB are some of the best TV ever written. The stupid bottle episode aside.

lefty

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The Last of Us season final nailed it. Perfection.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Honestly, better call Saul is better.

Although, I'm not sure I like Jimmy's ending. It didn't feel authentic to his character.

They sure did Hamlin dirty, but it kinda had to happen that way.

IMO the ending of Better Call Saul was close to perfect.

What made you feel Jimmy's ending wasn't authentic?

brokencycle

Reaction score
IMO the ending of Better Call Saul was close to perfect.

What made you feel Jimmy's ending wasn't authentic?

Narratively it was a great ending, but I just didn't find it plausible. I just don't think he would have redeemed himself in that way. Rather I think he would have done anything for any modicum of benefit for himself.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads