• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What to do in Seattle?

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

+1.

12th Ave on Capitol Hill is one of the better places to hang out in my opinion, lots of newer/trendy restaurants/bars without the grunge and aggressive homeless of the lower Hill. I've always found downtown/belltown, and frankly a lot of Seattle, kinda sad: clearly peaked in the 80's/early 90's and lots of pretentious, faux urbanism floating around. It has its charms for those visiting but living there is another question.

You mean 15th?

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The cool part of 15th is a few blocks farther north - starts at say 15th and John.

It is surrounded by some really nice neighborhoods and is maybe my favorite part of Seattle, certainly of Capitol Hill. Much lower key, little older demographic, and cleaner than the "Pike/Pine" corridor of Capitol Hill.

I agree though that 12th had a little different (and better) feel than lower down on the Hill. Might be because of the police precinct on 12/Pine though lol.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I stayed in an area called Greenwood at my girlfriend's brothers place while I was there. I loved it in Greenwood. Great balance between the convenience of a large city and relaxation.

ChicagoMediaMan

Reaction score

I stayed in an area called Greenwood at my girlfriend's brothers place while I was there. I loved it in Greenwood. Great balance between the convenience of a large city and relaxation.

My cousin lives in Greenwood and my mom lives in a neighborhood that is right by Greenwood. I agree that it is a very nice area.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There were enough hipsters present that it wasn't too much of a culture shock for me.

Next time you are in Seattle, see if you can get over to West Seattle and visit the Alki beach area - seems like a place you'd really like.

Svenn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been surprised how dead the city is at night the last couple months, well not dead, but much quieter than in summer. Reinforces my position that the Northwest/Vancouver is best experienced in the summer.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah we roll up the sidewalks at 1030 or 11. I'm old and go to bed early so that's fine with me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads