• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Fracture
The Client
The Rainmaker
Lincoln Lawyer?
Runaway Jury?

All ok....and I have seen them, but nothing that I MUST see again.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
YES

I'm a criminal defense lawyer and I have this movie poster hanging in my office.
My Evidence professor built the entire class around examples from the movie, because so much is covered in a useful way.

Plus, Fred Gwynne was genuinely wonderful in what turned out to be his last role.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love the movie True Grit, and that courtroom scene was the most accurate direct examination I've ever seen on film.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I rewatched House of Games last night. It was well worth my time even though I remember in general (if not the precise details) of how it ended. Recommend, particularly if you enjoy movies about con artists. Although I wonder why
Ford's patient continued to drive the "stolen" car. Ford wouldn't have put the pieces together without that clue.

King Calder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Loved John Wick 4. If you're a fan of the series it's a home run imo. Donnie Yen is a great addition to the franchise. Bill Scarsgard though =/

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Evidence professor built the entire class around examples from the movie, because so much is covered in a useful way.

Plus, Fred Gwynne was genuinely wonderful in what turned out to be his last role.
It was the role he was born to play.

My evidence professor used it for qualifying an expert witness.

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
I think every evidence professor uses My Cousin Vinny to teach cross examination and procedure.

One practicing professor used it as a "know your venue" example. And they were right. Once saw a small town judge gently/semi-privately mock an attorney (to his face) for "being a fancy big city attorney showing up in their pinstripe suit and wingtips." He was trying to make a gentle suggestion about how to dress around juries out there.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unforgettable, a science fiction thriller about a widower (Ray Liotta) wrongfully accused of his wife's murder who injects himself with a serum that allows him to see the memories of the donor in order to track down the real killer. The premise is ludicrous and the plot twist at the end comes out of nowhere, but I enjoyed it more than the critics.

Cotillion

Reaction score
I love the movie True Grit, and that courtroom scene was the most accurate direct examination I've ever seen on film.

I love that movie as well. It also turned me on to the author of the novel, Charles Portis. @imatlas With your Robert Anton Wilson quote, I'd definitely recommend Portis if you haven't read him already.

I rewatched House of Games last night. It was well worth my time even though I remember in general (if not the precise details) of how it ended. Recommend, particularly if you enjoy movies about con artists. Although I wonder why
Ford's patient continued to drive the "stolen" car. Ford wouldn't have put the pieces together without that clue.

I watched it two nights ago as well. I really enjoyed it as I'm definitely a fan of movies and books about con artists. I always liked The Grifters too but House of Games was an original take on the con artist movie. Thanks for that rec! I'll be checking out Spanish Prisoner soon.

Last edited:

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Are there any movies, not necessarily good ones, that you will stop everything and watch when you run across them on cable TV? Mine are Bloodsport and Taken.

One for me, that hasn't already been mentioned.....WarGames. And it's a good movie!

Edit...just thought of another 2: Gone Baby Gone. Lone Survivor.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads