• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
1632792941998.gif

1632792996619.gif

Varsity Blues!

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Intrusion_2021_film_poster.png

So a couple are living life in the architect/husband built secluded home. She is a counselor. All is suave!

A break-in occurs! Then another one. What da heck is going on?

The police are stumped...but they have an idea of who may behind it. Or do they? Throw a missing local girl into the mix and this turns out to be too much for my liking.

2/5.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
1632877803903.jpeg

#97: A MISTAKE (198_)

This was to be a special treat to ease my febrile mind, under the covers, headphones on, wife none the wiser, a classic (?) from the edges of my youth…

When a newspaper editor is accused of murdering his rich wife, Glenn Close, a lawyer with a secret, leaves her cush corporate semi-retirement to defend him, and atone for her past sins. She doesn’t want to fall for a possible killer, but the thing is he’s extremely handsome. And that moist, unflappable hair!

As a child (it’s all coming back to me now) I considered this movie a clear window into the world of adults, single parents navigating the rocky straits of business and romance in crisp impeccable clothes. The movie’s actually weighed down by their childish, unbelievable decisions — a bit of a letdown. But the widescreen format looks as perfect as Jeff Bridge’s hair, and there are enough That Guys (Lance Henrikson!) padding the cast to make things worthwhile.

I was severely disappointed that a courtroom scene I remember — in which the silhouette of a man with a knife is revealed to be a woman — was not in the movie at all.

What is that from?! Could it be The Morning After, also with Jeff Bridges?

I won’t rest until I know…

Early Me: 8
Current Me: 6

Last edited:

King Calder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
28304174-8C4E-4E81-AF0B-9AFEE4222835.jpeg

Who can even describe what happens in this. I’d never seen it before, and David Lynch is one of the major gaps in my pop culture knowledge.

I loved it. Honestly, I’m not really interested in dissecting it and watching explainers, or trying to make sense of it. It’s not often that it still thinking about a movie the day after but some of the imagery in the movie is haunting and still lingering at the back of my mind.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
6C99E740-3FDE-4920-8552-C432470531A7.jpeg

Despicable Me watched this with 3 year old Granddaughter and Nanna. All of us had a good laugh.

Loved the Chicken Alien scene… cinematically loaded with lots going on.

First animated film I’ve watched in years…”having fun is half the fun” Guru Adrian

Mujib

Reaction score
Many Saints looks wack. Seems like going overboard with the makeup and violence was the only plan.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Many Saints looks wack. Seems like going overboard with the makeup and violence was the only plan.

I'll watch it tomorrow because I love The Sopranos and have been excited about this for ages, but I the reviews don't have me expecting much (which might not be a bad thing if it helps me avoid a letdown).

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll watch it tomorrow because I love The Sopranos and have been excited about this for ages, but I the reviews don't have me expecting much (which might not be a bad thing if it helps me avoid a letdown).
Every HBO movie release this year has been pretty awful. I’ll still watch it, but I expect the same meh to awful movie.

Adsky Luck

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
View attachment 1676809
Who can even describe what happens in this.

I can try. Teh lady in the poster puts a contract on her lady lover and, once it is done, dreams up all the rest in heavy slumbers before awaking to new reality and shooting herself very dead. Presumably to go back to sleep and sleep for a very long looooong time.

Last edited:

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'm excited for it as the review I saw's critique of it was that wasn't really about Tony but mainly focused on Dickie Moltistanti, which IMO is cool.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads